Go To Top !

Go To Top ! 2.2.1

No permission to download
Works great! Thanks for adding a go to bottom option. The screenshots in your resource don't reflect what the buttons look like. Are those the old buttons?
No, it's because I'm using the QuoteMe trigger option. On pages where the QuoteMe addon is not enabed, it removes the QuoteMe trigger from the Go To Top block, so I would need to recalculate all the elements height but this imply to add extra js code and I honestly I don't think it's needed. As I said in the update description, I don't find this ugly.

For people who don't use the QuoteMe trigger option, the Go to top block display should remind the previous one.

Thanks for your feedback.

How can we raise the height of the button? I ask because sometimes my site uses a chatbar (arrowchat) and on mobile devices the button is too low. It interferes with "add new tab, view all tabs" buttons on iOS devices such as an iPhone and iPod Touch. That iOS button only appears after you lightly touch the screen near the button.

Works great! Thanks for adding a go to bottom option. The screenshots in your resource don't reflect what the buttons look like. Are those the old buttons?
How have you enabled the go to bottom? I cant find it.

Nevermind, I found it under Button Style.

@DRE @Slind
Before releasing it I was hesitating to add two properties to configure the position of the block. But nobody asked for it before, so I thought it was not needed. This is really basic to do, so I will try to add it tonight. If you want to modify it now, just use css on the main block: you can see in the html page, this block has a "fixed" position with the "bottom" and "right" css settings. You want to position the block a little higher, just increase the bottom position. You want to position it at the center of the screen, just do the same with a 50% value.

I might implement this settings to work with "Right to Left" languages that will use the "left" property instead.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRE
I would like to see this like this:
486yyBc.png

@cclaerhout and @DRE what do you think about this?

Your version of Go to Top would be the only addon that includes positional change so that would be awesome if you included it!

Hmm not sure what would be different about my installation however when i have the 'Go To Top !' Button Type (mobile devices) and 'Go To Top !' Button Type (tablet devices) radio buttons checked to display none on mobile and tablets they still appear.. Tested with iOS latest on iPhone 5 and iPad Mini.
Capture_02032014_134833.webp unnamed.webp

Sorry, but I don't understand what that option means:
  • Enable the QuoteME Trigger ?

And what is this accordion thing that can be seen in overview page?

Sorry, but I don't understand what that option means:
  • Enable the QuoteME Trigger ?

And what is this accordion thing that can be seen in overview page?
For the Quote Me addon, see:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/quoteme.1078/
(when the after click mode option is enabled)

You can also modified the JS if you want to integrate yours own function instead of the QuoteMe trigger. This shouldn't be too hard.

For the Tabs Bb Code see:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bbcodes-buttons-manager-advanced-bb-codes-pack.1428/

This resource isn't working for me after upgrading to XF 1.3. I thought it might be an issue with templates that were outdated, so I uninstalled the resource until I updated all my templates, and then re-installed. No luck yet.

Nevermind. I forgot to re-enable it in my Style Properties after the update. :unsure:

Last edited:
Thank You again, Cedric!

On tablets (Google Nexus 7", for example) the button partly overlaps the text at the right down corner, while the left down corner is mostly empty. Can You add an option to postion it at the left side of the screen instead of right? Or I should modify stile?

@cclaerhout Got a couple of quick questions for you as I reinstalled this new version and am not really familiar with the new CSS setup:

-Is there a way to get the button to show sooner when you're at the top of the screen? Currently, you have to scroll down about 1/3 of the page.

-When I scroll to the bottom of the page, is there a way to get it to stop at the last post or the reply box? Its flying way past that through my whole footer now.

The function works great btw. Very smooth scrolling. Just have to iron out the sizing and button issues on my forum.

@Rambro

1. Check the option "Minimum Height" in this addon style properties, it should work
  2. No, but you might try to modify the value "Block bottom position"

@Rambro

1. Check the option "Minimum Height" in this addon style properties, it should work
  2. No, but you might try to modify the value "Block bottom position"
Cedric - I've been rooting aroudn with the bottom block position for the past few weeks and no matter how low or high I make the number it doesn't seem to make any difference as to where the button stops. Its always at the bottom of the page. Thoughts?

Top Bottom