Go To Top !

Go To Top ! 2.2.1

No permission to download
Also, to get the mobile button on a tablet, all that's necessary is the Browser Detection add-on? Then the option will show up under the style property, or is there some other template manipulation necessary?

Also, to get the mobile button on a tablet, all that's necessary is the Browser Detection add-on? Yes
Yes. Now about your previous problem:
  • I don't use a responsive style, so I don't have a way to check this, which means you will have to fix it yourself.
  • I see the screenshots are coming from a mobile device (iphone/ipod). As it has been written the original Javascript doesn't work well on some mobile devices, which is why there is an extension to disable it. I recommend not to activate this addon on mobile devices. On tablets, I don't have any problems with my ipad. Now if your problem also occurs with normal devices, then see the above point.

Ced - Alright, I'll try installing the browser detection. My members like the button on mobile (finger scrolling is a pain in the ass) so I think I'll keep it for now.

@cclaerhout can we have the choice of "None" for "'Go To Top !' Button Type (normal devices)"? Apparently the button is not working for my forum when it's on normal device i.e. laptop's web browsers. But when I adjust the browser's width (I am using Soft Responsive), the button becomes clickable. Not sure why. So I might as well choose None for normal device and enable for just mobile devices which was my only intention. Hope to hear from you. Thanks. :)

Is there a go to bottom option? That might be useful as well. Have it show up if someone hovers near the top of page.

Cedric, Go To Top! is working with XenForo 1.2.0 without any problem so you don't need to do anything with this absolutely awesome add-on. I actually need to do something. I need to thank you for this. I just love it! Thanks for this ;)

I've updated one of my live forum to XenForo 1.2. I confirm it's working. Thank you QenTox.
Is the problem with the jumping quotes on mobile fixed?

Also, have you thought about adding a GoToBottom button to go along with the top one? That's a popular request with my members.

Is the problem with the jumping quotes on mobile fixed?
I'm not aware of. But as far as I remember this addon was not perfect on mobile but was working well on ipads.

Also, have you thought about adding a GoToBottom button to go along with the top one? That's a popular request with my members.
No and this will need another addon. But this is just basic Jquery. You should have a look on Internet and will certainly find a basic line of code to perform what you want to do.

A 'go to bottom' option would be very useful I think - I know you said you don't need it, but actually most scrolling tends to be to get to the editor when you click on a thread as opposed to the last post...

A 'go to bottom' option would be very useful I think - I know you said you don't need it, but actually most scrolling tends to be to get to the editor when you click on a thread as opposed to the last post...
The name of this addon is pretty clear and a scroll down function has nothing to do with it. Moreover this addon integrates an external JS file that has several nice effects which can't be done the same way with a scroll down function. And by the way a scroll down function is really something basic to integrate. Use the template modification system to add anywhere you want a div box that will be used as a trigger, and add an ultra basic JS in the header. To get an example of the JS code, just use a search engine, you will get many results (example).

Hello Cédric, could you possibly include an option to use FontAwesome please? Using fa-chevron-up on top of fa-square, it should look very similar to what we have now and save on resources being used. Thanks.

Hello Cédric, could you possibly include an option to use FontAwesome please? Using fa-chevron-up on top of fa-square, it should look very similar to what we have now and save on resources being used. Thanks.
Nope, not for this one. I just wanted a basic addon and changing it will require too much time. But if someone wants to do it, that will be nice.

Thnak you for the reply.Once i arrive home i will try it.

EDIT: Works perfect.Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom