XF 1.3 Global Value Permission issue!

Tim Jay

I have a strange permission issue that is blocking everyone from the taigachat add on.

I have no idea where this global value could possibly be set, and I don't remember changing anything.

bbi5TXK.png

It's overriding the admin settings.

Does anyone know where to look? I can't find anything under node, user, or usergroup permissions for a global value like that.

@Luke Foreman

just tagging you in case you've ever seen this issue. I literally woke up and taigachat could not be seen or used by anyone on the site.

There's a bizarre global value overriding everything just for taigachat.

1OsoIZZ.png

There is the system-permissions option which is at admin.php?system-permissions

But you should never be changing those, thats why there isn't a link to it. Otherwise I don't know enough about the chat addon to know if theres another option set they use somewhere.

There is the system-permissions option which is at admin.php?system-permissions

But you should never be changing those, thats why there isn't a link to it. Otherwise I don't know enough about the chat addon to know if theres another option set they use somewhere.

Wow, they were set under there. I honestly don't have a clue why they got set in the first place.

Thank you very much for the quick response :)

Just to update anyone else who lands on this. I was able to change my settings back with the link provided by @Slavik .

Shortly after, the Global Value settings were automatically set to NEVER once again for Taigachat. This is either an exploit or a serious bug.

cT6a4kM.png

Top Bottom