1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Global Value Permission issue!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Tim Jay, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Tim Jay

Tim Jay Active Member

I have a strange permission issue that is blocking everyone from the taigachat add on.

I have no idea where this global value could possibly be set, and I don't remember changing anything.

[​IMG]

It's overriding the admin settings.

Does anyone know where to look? I can't find anything under node, user, or usergroup permissions for a global value like that.

2. Tim Jay

Tim Jay Active Member

@Luke Foreman

just tagging you in case you've ever seen this issue. I literally woke up and taigachat could not be seen or used by anyone on the site.

There's a bizarre global value overriding everything just for taigachat.

[​IMG]

3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is the system-permissions option which is at admin.php?system-permissions

But you should never be changing those, thats why there isn't a link to it. Otherwise I don't know enough about the chat addon to know if theres another option set they use somewhere.

Tim Jay likes this.
  4. Tim Jay

Tim Jay Active Member

Wow, they were set under there. I honestly don't have a clue why they got set in the first place.

Thank you very much for the quick response :)

5. Tim Jay

Tim Jay Active Member

Just to update anyone else who lands on this. I was able to change my settings back with the link provided by @Slavik .

Shortly after, the Global Value settings were automatically set to NEVER once again for Taigachat. This is either an exploit or a serious bug.

[​IMG]

6. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It would be a problem with the addon.

7. Tim Jay

Tim Jay Active Member

Thank you.

I found the problem, and it was due to a broken custom command our dev didn't properly set.
    Anytime someone would use the command it would set that global value.

Slavik likes this.