Gift Upgrades

Gift Upgrades [Paid] 2.5.0

No permission to buy ($35.00)

Naz

XenForo developer
Staff member
NixFifty submitted a new resource:

Gift Upgrades - Allow users to gift user upgrades to each other.

Gift Upgrades allows your members to easily and quickly purchase upgrades for other members. It is tightly integrated with XenForo's core user upgrade features allowing seamless gifting of upgrades you have already created. This is a free upgrade if you already own an active license to the original Gift Upgrades.

Features:
  • Integrates in to the default XenForo User Upgrade system allowing upgrades and downgrades to be handled by XF itself.
  • Integrates with XenForo's...

Read more about this resource...

It isn't possible to gift te same upgrade as you self have. For example: I got 1 Month VIP, it isn't possible for me to gift this 1 Month VIP to someone else. I can only choose another upgrade to gift.

It isn't possible to gift te same upgrade as you self have. For example: I got 1 Month VIP, it isn't possible for me to gift this 1 Month VIP to someone else. I can only choose another upgrade to gift.
That might be a conflict of some sort. The add-on isn't meant to care if you have an upgrade or not, it should show a gift button regardless. I'll look in to it and see what's up.

Yeah, as expected, I can't reproduce this with the stock add-on (and Xon's Expiring User Upgrades).

I'll start a conversation with you and we can see if you've got another add-on that isn't playing nice.

And got a crapload of:

Code:
Server error log
InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'nf_gifts' on XF:Post[1472555] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:182
Generated by: Iriseen Aug 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM
Stack trace
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('nf_gifts')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s85/public/post_macros.php(442): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('nf_gifts')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s85/public/thread_view.php(732): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array)
#5 src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/XF/Template/Templater.php(89): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true)
#6 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "/threads/is-this-his-ptsd-or-have-i-been-living-a-lie.87526/"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://www.myptsd.com/whats-new/posts/8742/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/is-this-his-ptsd-or-have-i-been-living-a-lie_87526/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Template error: Accessed unknown getter 'nf_gifts' on XF:Post[1472555] src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:178
Generated by: Iriseen Aug 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Accessed unknow...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 178, Array)
#1 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(178): trigger_error('Accessed unknow...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(100): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('nf_gifts')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s85/public/post_macros.php(442): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('nf_gifts')
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(662): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s85/public/thread_view.php(732): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1249): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(KL\UserImprovements\Template\Templater), Array)
#7 src/addons/AddonsLab/LinkChecker/XF/Template/Templater.php(89): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true)
#8 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): AddonsLab\LinkChecker\XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(332): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(303): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(44): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#13 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(328): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(60) "/threads/is-this-his-ptsd-or-have-i-been-living-a-lie.87526/"
  ["referrer"] => string(44) "https://www.myptsd.com/whats-new/posts/8742/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/threads/is-this-his-ptsd-or-have-i-been-living-a-lie_87526/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@Anthony Parsons try the "rebuild" option on the add-on. It looks like something exploded when installing causing the add-on to be left in an inconsistent state.

You can also force the upgrade process to run again via the CLI, if the rebuild doesn't work;
php cmd.php xf-addon:upgrade -f NF/GiftUpgrades

Uninstalled. Added others add-ons without issue, so it is this one. I'd actually dumped all of nix's add-ons, as I've had too many issues with them in the past. So disregard above, I'm sticking with my original decision and won't be installing this either.

in v1 of this add-on, there used to be a link on the member profile page to gift upgrade to that member. In v2 that link is no longer there, is it possible to add that back on?

Upgrading is definitely the way to go, as there is additional state that would be lost uninstalling it

Top Bottom