Fixed  Forums Missing from Listing...

Jaxel

I just deleted a node, and moved all its children to a new node... after doing this, a lot of my forums have disappeared from public view... if you know the URL, you can get to them... but they dont show up if you dont...

Anyone know why this is happening and how do I fix it?

1.webp
3.webp

Attachments

• 2.webp
    2.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 2
Presumably the nodes are set to be visible?
Display in the node list
If unselected, users will not see this node in the list. However, if the URL is known, it will still be accessible.

Otherwise you could try rebuilding the Forum cache - /admin.php?tools/rebuild

They are all set to visible... none of them have any custom permission settings... they are all public

scratch_head.gif

You already checked everything I would have suggested.

I can take a look if you want to trust me with your admin login.

I just tested this by deleting a parent forum and moving the child forums to another parent. The same result as Jaxels: only the first child is displayed. The only way I could get all the rest of the children to display was to create a new child forum. Moving this to Bugs.

Jaxel, as a temp fix: under the category Past Calibur Games, create a new child forum, that should make them all visible again.

I have to admit I didn't really see the explicit cause for this, but I did see some serious inefficiency, so I fixed those issues. I could potentially see this as having been caused by some sort of timeout, which hopefully shouldn't be a problem now (or at least as much of an issue).

Let me know if you run into this in a future release.

Top Bottom