1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Forums Missing from Listing...

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by Jaxel, Dec 8, 2010.

  1. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

    I just deleted a node, and moved all its children to a new node... after doing this, a lot of my forums have disappeared from public view... if you know the URL, you can get to them... but they dont show up if you dont...

    Anyone know why this is happening and how do I fix it?

    1.jpg
    3.jpg
     

    Attached Files:

    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      91.3 KB
      Views:
      2
  2. Brogan

    Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    Presumably the nodes are set to be visible?
    Display in the node list
    If unselected, users will not see this node in the list. However, if the URL is known, it will still be accessible.


    Otherwise you could try rebuilding the Forum cache - /admin.php?tools/rebuild
     
  3. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

    They are all set to visible... none of them have any custom permission settings... they are all public
     
  4. Jake Bunce

    Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

    [​IMG]

    You already checked everything I would have suggested.

    I can take a look if you want to trust me with your admin login.
     
  5. Lawrence

    Lawrence Well-Known Member

    I just tested this by deleting a parent forum and moving the child forums to another parent. The same result as Jaxels: only the first child is displayed. The only way I could get all the rest of the children to display was to create a new child forum. Moving this to Bugs.

    Jaxel, as a temp fix: under the category Past Calibur Games, create a new child forum, that should make them all visible again.
     
  6. Jaxel

    Jaxel Well-Known Member

    The forums magically reappeared in time... every 5 minutes a new forum would reappear...
     
  7. Mike

    Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

    I have to admit I didn't really see the explicit cause for this, but I did see some serious inefficiency, so I fixed those issues. I could potentially see this as having been caused by some sort of timeout, which hopefully shouldn't be a problem now (or at least as much of an issue).

    Let me know if you run into this in a future release.
     

Share This Page