ForumApps presents Native XenForo Apps for iOS and Android

That's a pretty big claim you're making there.. Can you link to an article discussing this..
Not my job to do your research. However,
https://theadminzone.com/threads/important-security-flaw-in-tapatalk.108618/
https://theadminzone.com/threads/warning-tapatalk-x-scripting-vulnerability.108455/

https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/126367/Tapatalk-Forum-Cross-Site-Scripting.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20140516040443/www.securelist.com/en/advisories/58348

Only to name a couple from a couple years ago. That was never the first, nor was it ever the last. The sad news there have been several vulnerabilities that the plugin seems to create. A lot of them being a X-scripting vulnerability.
Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities allow a third party to manipulate the content or behaviour of a web application in a user's browser, without compromising the underlying system.
Cross-Site Scripting vulnerabilities are often used against specific users of a website to steal their credentials or to conduct spoofing attacks.
Or SQl injections. Sometimes it will take them weeks to patch something. However, that is not the main reason. The main reason is because when they updated their plugin, they often don't even bother to inform any of their users, or administrators to update the plugin, nor let us know that there was a vulnerability, to begin with. Which is a big no-no for me. Chances are most forum owners who are running Tapatalk, probably do not know they are vulnerable.

Hence why I don't even bother to provide my information on sites that use Tapatalk. Who knows if they are running a vulnerable version or not.
However, this thread isn't here to talk about Tapatalk. So feel free to research more on this topic yourself :) To get back to the main point, as I listed the pricing details of the site, the features that this app provides for $20/m is $40/m on Tapatalk.

Last edited:
https://theadminzone.com

Well if you're going to make big claims like that, more so as a new competitor to the market, YOU should have the documentation to back it up. Not expect a possible client to do so. Though I have and still found nothing about it outside wanna-be admin forums who think they are credible news sites.. I'd believe something more that I read on Facebook then I would on TAZ.. Show real articles or proof like from SlashDot or the NVD database... Not some nonsense forum infested with teenagers that think they have a PHD in Computer Science.

https://theadminzone.com/threads/important-security-flaw-in-tapatalk.108618/
https://theadminzone.com/threads/warning-tapatalk-x-scripting-vulnerability.108455/

https://packetstormsecurity.com/files/126367/Tapatalk-Forum-Cross-Site-Scripting.html
https://web.archive.org/web/20140516040443/www.securelist.com/en/advisories/58348

Only to name a couple from a couple years ago. That was never the first, nor was it ever the last. The sad news there have been several vulnerabilities that the plugin seems to create. A lot of them being a X-scripting vulnerability.

Or SQl injections. Sometimes it will take them weeks to patch something. However, that is not the main reason. The main reason is because when they updated their plugin, they often don't even bother to inform any of their users, or administrators to update the plugin, nor let us know that there was a vulnerability, to begin with. Which is a big no-no for me. Chances are most forum owners who are running Tapatalk, probably do not know they are vulnerable.

Hence why I don't even bother to provide my information on sites that use Tapatalk. Who knows if they are running a vulnerable version or not.
However, this thread isn't here to talk about Tapatalk. So feel free to research more on this topic yourself :) To get back to the main point, as I listed the pricing details of the site, the features that this app provides for $20/m is $40/m on Tapatalk.

I agree with you and recently unpublished 4 tapatalk apps for the reasons you mentioned.

Was hoping Slaviks project would come to market soon since I've hired him before and was very satisfied with his work. Too bad that one got derailed, but this project seems to have a lot of potential. I signed one of my forums up for the beta and have gotten good response and help from the developers so far.

Oh, my bad.. From posts I read, I was under the impression you two were a team.. Seemed he was the developer and you were the backer of starting up the project.
I've known Jordan for years and we've worked together in the past but he has no role in the development in this project apart from being one of the first 3 partners getting in 1 week ahead of the public launch.
We use the term partner for who you refer to as clients. Because our partners are responsible for giving us constant feedback and shaping the future of ForumApps.

Incorrect, I use the $10.00 BYO and it doesn't have any branding, shows my ownAdMob ads and is published using my Apple and Google accounts.

This looks pretty good, but the $50.00 set up would need to be waived and the monthly fee would need to come down to about $10-$15 to leave TapaTalk..
We have no intention of bringing the current price down in the future. We believe the value that it provides is immense at a price which is less than 1/3 of what Tapatalk charged when it had no sales volumes. So the burden to support the costs is on us. Our app is only built for XenForo. In the future, you'll see features that Tapatalk can't and will not provide.

Well if you're going to make big claims like that, more so as a new competitor to the market, YOU should have the documentation to back it up. Not expect a possible client to do so. Though I have and still found nothing about it outside wanna-be admin forums who think they are credible news sites.. I'd believe something more that I read on Facebook then I would on TAZ.. Show real articles or proof like from SlashDot or the NVD database... Not some nonsense forum infested with teenagers that think they have a PHD in Computer Science.
Which forum are you running on Tapatalk? Let's say one of your users detects a major security vulnerability on that forum. What do you do?
Report it to Tapatalk. Well I've come across several threads on forums which talk about their commendable no support. I wouldn't like to share the links, I'd say that you find them yourself if you want to read about it as we're not accusing them of something we personally haven't experienced.

We know how important good support is for our partners and getting access to the right thing at the right time. Our existing clients can vouch for our responsiveness and quality of support.

4/10 partners have already said things like:
The price for your product and service is at a huge discount. Sign me up already!
If you are looking for a generic product with no support, Tapatalk is way to go. But if you're willing to get amazing product with fantastic service, give us a try. And if you have any ideas for a new product that we could offer to you. Feel free to PM, I'm all ears.

I have a hypothetical question I struggle with regarding all the 3rd party mobile apps. The consequences of a native mobile app is that it'll instantly become my most popular add-on. Once I'm down that path, I can't go back.

So what would happen if:

a) You stopped supporting it
b) Rates drastically change and I couldn't afford it any longer

Will the product be feature locked as-is or stop working all together?

The fear of something like this makes me cautious. I wonder if there is a middle ground form of licensing that gets you fair value, but also keeps me safe from unexpected circumstances.

Ok so let me get this right 100.00 for the Apple developer license 25.00 for the android developer license Your starter fee of 50.00 and 20.00 for the first month of service so 195.00 total after everyone buys their developer license from Apple and android correct?

Ok so let me get this right 100.00 for the Apple developer license 25.00 for the android developer license Your starter fee of 50.00 and 20.00 for the first month of service so 195.00 total after everyone buys their developer license from Apple and android correct?
That $195 is for the people who want to put the apps on their own App Store account.
You can get started with just $20/mo and we host your apps absolutely free on our accounts.
Edit: The setup fees still apply.

Last edited:
I have a hypothetical question I struggle with regarding all the 3rd party mobile apps. The consequences of a native mobile app is that it'll instantly become my most popular add-on. Once I'm down that path, I can't go back.

So what would happen if:

The fear of something like this makes me cautious. I wonder if there is a middle ground form of licensing that gets you fair value, but also keeps me safe from unexpected circumstances.

Let me address your concerns one by one.
1. We have a business model and investment capital to be able to support this for a very long time. So you can be rest assured about the support dropping for this. We're hiring more android developers in the coming weeks.
2. We've mentioned this in our original post about the pricing.
Will you raise the prices in future?
Yes, we do have plans to raise the price in future. We are consistently working to add features and add value to your apps. But if you enter in a particular slot, we assure you that we won’t increase the price your subscription. For eg. GameRebels is one of the first 10 forums who entered during the first round of offerings($20/mo) and the price increases during the second round to $40/mo, we assure that you will not raise the subscription amount for your apps.
So if you buy a license for your forum at $20/mo. We won't be raising prices for your forum even if the cost of our 1 license raises to $100/mo. So if you can afford us at $20/mo, that's all you'll have to pay for the license each month.

The product will stop working all together but that shouldn't be a concern if your fear is based on the increase in prices.

That $195 is for the people who want to put the apps on their own App Store account.
You can get started with just $20/mo and we host your apps absolutely free on our accounts.

So it's just $20/mo, not $50.00 set up fee to get started if we use your accounts?

The setup fees apply for theming the app to your forum style and helping you configure your site and certificates required for push notifications.
Which might I add is a lot of work! The certificates alone ffs xD

So what would happen if:

I also want to expand a bit on Aayush's post :P
It's to be made clear that say years down the road, hypothetical of course, the app no longer is supported, or gets shut down, etc. All your forums, users, content, and everything still stay intact. The app is merely an API. (From my understanding) So nothing will be lost, no users, content, or anything.

Nice but too expensive in my opinion.
240$ fo a year is too much. Only 5-10 percent of forums can pay that, what about other forums which have little donations or adsense money?
If there an option like 99% of addons here to buy once and then pay for 6 months or 1 year renewal for some reasonable price, I will get in, but to pay 240$ per year, and every year again (and that is the cheapest price) it is too, too , too much.
Even xenforo it self is 190$ and than every year 50$ (If I am correct)

Which might I add is a lot of work! The certificates alone ffs xD

I also want to expand a bit on Aayush's post :p
It's to be made clear that say years down the road, hypothetical of course, the app no longer is supported, or gets shut down, etc. All your forums, users, content, and everything still stay intact. The app is merely an API. (From my understanding) So nothing will be lost, no users, content, or anything.

I can't lie.. You tend to expand a lot on behalf of Aayush for only being a customer... Something seems a bit fishy about that.

I can't lie.. You tend to expand a lot on behalf of Aayush for only being a customer... Something seems a bit fishy about that.
I do the same thing on behalf of the xenforo software. That mean I work with the xf team? No.
Like he said:
I've known Jordan for years and we've worked together in the past but he has no role in the development in this project apart from being one of the first 3 partners getting in 1 week ahead of the public launch.
We have known each other for some time. Does that mean I am not allowed to praise the man for his work, or help with what I can?
If you take a look at some of my addons released in the xf resource manager, you will see Aayush is the one who developed a couple of them.

Nothing fishy at all with an enthusiastic customer.

Nothing fishy at all with an enthusiastic customer.
"Fishy" would be if somebody was offering services but changed their business name frequently, or if they announced that they sold the business to a different company but then start offering the same services again under a different business name, or if they change their user names quite often, or if they try to represent themselves as being something they are not, or if...

"Fishy" would be if somebody was offering services but changed their business name frequently, or if they announced that they sold the business to a different company but then start offering the same services again under a different business name, or if they change their user names quite often, or if they try to represent themselves as being something they are not, or if...
Repeating this.

Anywho, I think the price is unbelievably reasonable. Its an app guys, $20/mo? Most reputable app companies charge $35k starting.

Good luck @Aayush

Top Bottom