Forum or Forums?

Which is best?

• Forum

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Forums

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
Google themselves state that they treat plurals the same as singular words. Forum and Forums are the same and have no SEO value.
Same ol' Forsaken, always pessimistic. I still stand by what I said. My stats are telling me otherwise. I'm still grabbing both 'Forums,' and to a lower extent 'Forum.'

Even though these factors are helping...

1. CODForum.com is currently down.
2. COD4Boards.com changed to TheCODForums.com
3. The other sites are not using any keyword domains.

I'm the only sheriff in town right now. I have xenForo and John to thank for that.

Same ol' Forsaken, always pessimistic. I still stand by what I said. My stats are telling me otherwise. I'm still grabbing both 'Forums,' and to a lower extent 'Forum.'

Even though these factors are helping...

1. CODForum.com is currently down.
2. COD4Boards.com changed to TheCODForums.com
3. The other sites are not using any keyword domains.

I'm the only sheriff in town right now. I have xenForo and John to thank for that.
Don't really care, but feel free to look up what Matt Cutts says on the matter.

Unless you know more about Google's algorithm relating to weighting domains than he does :).

Don't really care, but feel free to look up what Matt Cutts says on the matter.
You obviously care, since you targeted me, and my post. Discrediting what I'm saying. My stats are telling me, that what I am saying is right.
Unless you know more about Google's algorithm relating to weighting domains than he does :).
Keep the negativity alive, man. Keep it up!

I have all this knowledge, and all you're doing is discrediting me. So, keep it up.

You obviously care, since you targeted me, and my post. Discrediting what I'm saying. My stats are telling me, that what I am saying is right.

Keep the negativity alive, man. Keep it up!

I have all this knowledge, and all you're doing is discrediting me. So, keep it up.
No, actually I didn't.

I said Matt Cutts, who is pretty much the de facto source for legitimate information relating to Google and their practices regarding SEO says they do not rate plural or singular domains differently.

You take everything personally thinking it's an attack, when all I am doing is saying what you've said goes against legitimate information supplied by someone who is in charge of putting the information out there.

I'm done bothering with you because you're a waste of time and do nothing but start arguments for stupid ass reasons.

nowkiss.png

No, actually I didn't.
Yes, you did.
I'm done bothering with you because you're a waste of time and do nothing but start arguments for stupid ass reasons.
Hahahaha. If I am a waste of time to you, then leave me alone. Really, dude.

I don't like arguments, I don't like drama, I don't like people telling me I'm wrong in the worst possible way. Which you are on the verge of doing.
I said Matt Cutts, who is pretty much the de facto source for legitimate information relating to Google and their practices regarding SEO says they do not rate plural or singular domains differently.
Yeah! They don't want you to know all the secrets of Google, especially not Matt Cutts! Advice from the same company that makes the actual algorithm is not exactly a good source of information for me. It's the same $#!^ as taking information from Black Hat experts or White Hat experts, who both go against what Google/Matt Cutts are saying.

You form your own opinion based on the information given. Google has rules, but you do your best to stay within' that little box of Google's. After that, all information you receive should be taken on a case-by-case basis, and then if you have information available... You can say whatever is on your mind. Hence my comments and ideas. You don't want to listen to me? Fine. Not my problem. When you spend $1000 on a 'forum' domain, and you're only capturing 'forum' keywords, and come to a block... Don't complain. Because I told you that 'Forums' is better.

Granted, some advice from Matt Cutts are spot-on, and I'll take his advice, but sometimes... Matt Cuts holds back some information... Any algorithm company will do this. ANY. They don't want you to cheat the system, they don't want you to think it's okay to do what you're thinking of doing... In fact, they don't really want to give you "free money." Especially when your ads are straight from their own ad services. You see where I'm going with this?
You take everything personally thinking it's an attack, when all I am doing is saying what you've said goes against legitimate information supplied by someone who is in charge of putting the information out there.
You've always make a point of telling people this and that, so to me.... Yes, it's an attack. Basically, what you're telling me is that my stats are false, and I am wrong in my research. I've been doing this for a long time, I'm not stupid.

Treat me the way you'd like to be treated, and I'll treat you that way. It's that simple. Every time you post, and you specifically quote me... You've got nothing but negative things to say to me.

From an SEO viewpoint, it doesn't matter which because Google automatically assimilate plural, synonyms, et cetera. Which means, if Mary owned someforum.com and Alice owned someforums.com, both would automatically get both the singular and plural of forum assigned when direct domain searched, or keyword for "some forum" or "some forums". They would be competing for overall trust factors for who got ranked over who on that one.

Domain name choice is always this simple... branding, branding, branding. All else is irrelevant perpetuated nonsense from old tactics we used to use when the exploitation was vulnerable to domain name abuse. Hence, was! People just perpetuate now... without any true understanding.

Shorter is always better, when it comes to domain choice. Even a singular over plural is better.

Good choice.

I voted "Forum"

Honestly, in the long run it does not matter. If your site has great content and "atmosphere", the users will make it their own. - I was suprised when on one of my sites I noticed people were using another name for it, an abbreviation. That was kind of cool, since then it stuck.. and most of the users do not even call it by the domain name.

I think it also depends on what parlance one is used to. When I hear the term "forum" on its own, I usually associate it with a conference or a meeting of some kind (aka the "Parallax Forum.") I've always used "board" to refer to any online newsgroup or message board, both of which break down into either threads or forums, depending on how well structured the content is.

It would depend on the preceding word. For example, furnessforum wouldn't sound right whereas furnessforums would.

The same with ingressforum and ingress forums - forum sounds better in this instance.

Top Bottom