Forum or Forums?

Which is best?

• Forum

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • Forums

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

Kim

Doing some research into what would be best to use, I own both. Which do you think is better?

####forums.com or ####forum.com

Do either of them appear more professional?

More friendly?

More obviously what people would type?

Doing some research into what would be best to use, I own both. Which do you think is better?

####forums.com or ####forum.com

Do either of them appear more professional?

More friendly?

More obviously what people would type?
If it's the forum I think either way would work because they would both make sense.

the domain must be as short as possible.
So yes, without the "S" with the addition of keywords in the domain increases referencing
Look at my domain :D

"forum" is the preferred one, but the difference is quite minimal. If you have "forums" you will most likely still rank first for when they search "xxforum" as well. But the smaller the domain, the better, and that is the only difference I can think of.

All the above ;)

I use the default forums because in the beginning of forums, that is how most everyone used it. And for sometime (no longer) that is how SEO would rate things better for forum software.

(Actually in the beginning of forum software, people used the word "board" or "boards", but forums stuck)

I use all the above

/forum/
forums/
/community/
/board/
/boards/

Will all direct you to http://www.sociallyuncensored.eu/forums

I think you need to make it sound grammatically correct as the main thing. It's difficult to know without any context, but cake-forum sounds better than cake-forums (as an example) because it's a forum, for cake discussion. Plural forums suggests more than one forum, which is great, if that's actually the case.

Forums was always my personal preference but I find both to be suitable. I've used community as well but I don't think it's as good as the previous two.

Top Bottom