Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
I hope pyftsubset will also be included with Xenforo Cloud.
This would make things a lot easier when we need a new icon to be added.

installed on my server but my fonts are still 40% of my site, 300 kb. :( . Dont know whats wrong. No error, pifysubtet and styles/fonts/fa have the permissions

I don't know either, but a rebuild log and screenshots of your settings might be useful.
Now, when i do a rebuild, i got it in the logs:
  • ErrorException: [E_WARNING] chmod(): Permission denied
  • src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/FontTools.php:106
  • Generated by: fleur
  • 20/03/2022 às 19:17

Stack trace​

#0 [internal function]: XF::handlePhpError(2, '[E_WARNING] chm...', 's...', 106, Array)
#1 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/FontTools.php(106): chmod('s...', 420)
#2 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/FontTools.php(30): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Processor\FontTools->createSubset('s...', 'fa-brands-400', Array, Array)
#3 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Helper.php(215): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Processor\FontTools->createSubsets(Array, 's...', Array)
#4 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Job/FontAwesome.php(806): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Helper->createSubsets(Array)
#5 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Job/FontAwesome.php(133): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome->rebuildFontFiles(Array, Array)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(260): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome->run(8)
#7 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(202): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#8 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(118): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#9 src/XF/Admin/Controller/Tools.php(122): XF\Job\Manager->runByIds(Array, 8)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(352): XF\Admin\Controller\Tools->actionRunJob(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(259): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Tools', 'RunJob', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(115): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Admin\Controller\Tools), NULL)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(57): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#14 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#15 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#16 admin.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Admin\\App')
#17 {main}

Request state​

array(4) {
["url"] => string(24) "/admin.php?tools/run-job"
["referrer"] => string(119) "https://forumjogos.com.br/admin.php...xfRedirect=/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["tools/run-job"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRedirect"] => string(59) "https://forumjogos.com.br/admin.php?tools/rebuild&success=1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["only_ids"] => string(4) "1560"
}
}

https://forumjogos.com.br/admin.php?logs/server-errors/11/delete
For my configs, it's pifysubset, automatic, Load subsets only and enable push. On style, it's Only use CSS for selected weight and lazy load without cookies.

Thank you

There are two issues
  1. You are using UI.X but you did not read the FAQ carefully
  2. Your pyftsubset does not work properly, fix that.
    Code:
     /usr/bin/python3: can't open file '/usr/bin/pyftsubset': [Errno 13] Permission denied

There are two issues
  1. You are using UI.X but you did not read the FAQ carefully
  2. Your pyftsubset does not work properly, fix that.
    Code:
    /usr/bin/python3: can't open file '/usr/bin/pyftsubset': [Errno 13] Permission denied
i think i have fixed it, now, at rebuild, i have only 1 log, but still 200 kb font with 3 requests.
gtmet.webp

Attachments

With recommended settings only 1-2 fonts should be loaded:
  • light, regular or solid min (which one depends on your selected font awesome weight)
  • maybe brands min
Please re-read the whole FAQ carefully (especially the note on modified templates) and check that everything is correct.

Last edited:
With recommended settings there should be only 1-2 fonts loaded:
  • light, regular or solid min (which one depends on your selected font awesome weight)
  • maybe brands min
Please re-read the whole FAQ carefully (especially the note on modified templates) and check that everything is correct.
im very sorry to bother you. its works perfect after i have revert modifs at fa.css. Now my page have only 435 kb. Thank you very much. From 221kb to 15kb only with 2 requests. aaaaa.png
2.png

Attachments

• b.webp
    b.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The log does show two issues
  1. You've configured the Add-on to use Transfonter.org webservice.
    This won't work any longer as they are actively blocking the XenForio useragent - you will have ot use pyftsubset (or cheat around by temporaily changing the useragen, though that is discouraged)
  2. File addons/vw/vw/_core/model/fontawesome/five/vw.php seems to reference ~ 300 icons, that is a lot and you might want/have to exclude this file
    Please do not ask me what this file is being used for, I have no idea what it does nor where it des belong to - it's your setup :)

Okay, I deleted the second one, but I am not able to install pyftsubset on my own. In that case I'd just like to uninstall the addon, but every time I try, I get an error. I am only able to disable the addon, which still has the action pending warning in the admin CP. I tried deleting all files associated with the addon but I still see an error and am unable to uninstall. It looks like I have to upgrade to the newest version before I can uninstall, but again, I can't do this because I can't install pyftsubset. How can I solve this?

Okay, I deleted the second one
Nobody said you should delete the file, doing so most likely breaks things.

but I am not able to install pyftsubset on my own.
If the server is running a 64 Bit Linux on x64 hardware (which is pretty much standard) and proc_open isn't blocked you should be able to use the single file binary.

I tried deleting all files associated with the addon
That wasn't a smart idea ;)

At least Setup.php is required to properly uninstall the Add-on.

Reupload all files, set Build Mode to manual - afterwards you should be able to uninstall (or upgrade).

As mentioned above, it is often possible to still use pyftsubset even of you can't install it, you might want to try this first instead of dropping FAM.

Nobody said you should delete the file, doing so most likely breaks things.

If the server is running a 64 Bit Linux on x64 hardware (which is pretty much standard) and proc_open isn't blocked you should be able to use the single file binary.

That wasn't a smart idea ;)

At least Setup.php is required to properly uninstall the Add-on.

Reupload all files, set Build Mode to manual - afterwards you should be able to uninstall (or upgrade).

As mentioned above, it is often possible to still use pyftsubset even of you can't install it, you might want to try this first instead of dropping FAM.

The file was part of an addon I no longer wanted so I disabled, uninstalled, and deleted the entire addon, including that file. I should have also added that I reuploaded all of FAM's files immediately after deleting them.

Unfortunately I cannot use the single file binary addon for pyftsubset because proc_open is not enabled.

I also tried using transfonter with the addon to modify the useragent, but had no success.

Any chance you could take a dive into my site's admin CP and figure out what is going on? I'm feeling in way over my head trying to fix this.

How can this be fixed?
Check that
  1. You re using the latest version (1.2.1)
  2. pyftsubset ist installed correctly and that FAM is configured to use it
  3. PHP has write permission to directory styles/fonts/fa
Most likely you will find that (at least) one of of those requirements is not met; fix all those and perform a manual rebuild afterwards.

Please read the FAQ for information on install and configuration.

Check that
  1. You re using the latest version (1.2.1)
  2. pyftsubset ist installed correctly and that FAM is configured to use it
  3. PHP has write permission to directory styles/fonts/fa
Most likely you will find that (at least) one of of those requirements is not met; fix all those and perform a manual rebuild afterwards.

Please read the FAQ for information on install and configuration.
Does the new Requirements Update affect old installations as well?

Do you know the reason why the block Xenforo forums from the service? To many hits?
Another software at my to do install list. But like i read at your FAQ that should be no big thing to proper install it.

Top Bottom