Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
Working PIP version with Python 2.7
Code:
pip install --upgrade pip==20.3.4
yeah for CentOS 7 max working pip working is 20.3.4 - if you upgrade from version 8.x it doesn't have a check for that and upgrades you straight to an incompatible pip 21.x version https://blog.centminmod.com/2021/01...precation-end-of-life-january-1st-2020/#pip21 :)

On the Centminmod version, you can go with Python3 as well
Yup outlined that at https://blog.centminmod.com/2021/01...ade-deprecation-end-of-life-january-1st-2020/ too :)

Awesome work @Kirby

This is fantastic. Could this be adapted to support MDI?
I haven't yet looked into this, but theoretically ... why not?

Though I think it would require a substantial rewrite to support multiple icon fonts.
And that is unfortunately out of scope for 1.X, but I'll think about that:)

Last edited:
I haven't yet looked into this, but theoretically ... why not?

Though I think it would require substantial rewrite to support multiple icon fonts.
And that is unfortunately out of scope for 1.X, but I'll think about that:)
Would be happy to contribute to this if you are ok with that! Always wanted this, I just dont typically use fontawesome for the sheer reasoning that I would see it everywhere (and I kinda prefer material icons personally). I might have to move back though for this add-on alone!

Hello,
i have some erros when using it:
NOTE: i use the Russ style: FlatAwesome and the UI.X2 style. FontAwesome are displayed on UI.X2 but not on FlatAwesome.

Code:
LogException: Font Awesome Subset Rebuild N/A:1
Generated by: Unknown account Jun 13, 2021 at 3:19 AM
Stack trace
Subset is too large to be processed
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(8) "/job.php"
  ["referrer"] => string(43) "https://www.site.com/admin.php?add-ons/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
LogicException: Subset is too large to be processed src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/Transfonter.php:158
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/Transfonter.php(325): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Processor\Transfonter->processUpload(Array, Array)
#1 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Helper.php(194): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Processor\Transfonter->createSubsets(Array, '/var/www/usinag...', Array)
#2 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Job/FontAwesome.php(793): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Helper->createSubsets(Array)
#3 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Job/FontAwesome.php(132): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome->rebuildFontFiles(Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome->run(8)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#7 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Last edited:
Hello,
i have some erros when using it:
NOTE: i use the Russ style: FlatAwesome and the UI.X2 style. FontAwesome are displayed on UI.X2 but not on FlatAwesome.

Code:
LogException: Font Awesome Subset Rebuild N/A:1
Stack trace
Subset is too large to be processed
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
LogicException: Subset is too large to be processed src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/Transfonter.php:158
Stack trace
#0 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Processor/Transfonter.php(325): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Processor\Transfonter->processUpload(Array, Array)
#1 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Helper.php(194): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Processor\Transfonter->createSubsets(Array, '/var/www/usinag...', Array)
#2 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Job/FontAwesome.php(793): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Helper->createSubsets(Array)
#3 src/addons/Kirby/FontAwesomeManager/Job/FontAwesome.php(132): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome->rebuildFontFiles(Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(258): Kirby\FontAwesomeManager\Job\FontAwesome->run(8)
#5 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(200): XF\Job\Manager->runJobInternal(Array, 8)
#6 src/XF/Job/Manager.php(84): XF\Job\Manager->runJobEntry(Array, 8)
#7 job.php(43): XF\Job\Manager->runQueue(false, 8)
#8 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Looks like issue related to Transfonter.org

instead use own pyftsubset.

Looks like issue related to Transfonter.org

instead use own pyftsubset.
Yes, using pyftsubset would not lead this error.
But most likely this would just hide the root issue that should be addressed, as this error indicates that a subset is using approx. 800 icons or more which normally should not be the case.

Not really.

What you could do (though I don't think this has been tested extensively so far):
Set Build Mode to Manual and enable Automatically add missing icons.

This will cause FAM to only use icons that are explicitely listed in the icon lists and if you enable the option it should only add icons that are actually being used.

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
thanks

i have this missing fa but i don't understand how to add it, i mean how to write it ? comments? fa-comments ?:

Code:
<i class="fa--xf fal fa-comments" aria-hidden="true"></i>

Without knowing your website I unfortunately can't offer further help.

But you can start a conversation with me and provide more information (URL specifically).

Regarding fonts on a CDN:

I tried this and failed miserably.

There's some CORS issues with using fonts on a different domain. It's not just as simple as changing the URL.

Even adding
Code:
<FilesMatch ".(eot|otf|ttf|woff|woff2)">    Header always set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*" </FilesMatch>
didn't always work.

Top Bottom