Font Awesome Manager

Font Awesome Manager 1.2.7

No permission to download
I don't have issues at all :|
Can you PM me your site? Or I can PM my site so you can test also.

Small tutorial for Centminmod users on pyftsubset installation.

do you select the option "Use Zopfli for WOFF"? Thanks.

Installed and used pyftsubset, errors gone after add-on rebuilt. How do I know the add-on is in action though?

Last edited:
Yes, My settings are
in FAM options enabled are as below

pyftsubset
Use Zopfli for WOFF

Build Mode - Manual
Automatically add missing Icons

Load subsets only
Enable Push

In Appearance -> Style Properties -> Font Awesome
I have disabled -> Enable Duotone Icons as i am not using it.

In Appearance -> Style Properties ->Typography

Font Awesome weight - Regular

I have fonttools installed so requests are processed from own server and not transfonter.org
Using fontTools might hide issues with UI.X as pyftsubset has no limit on the subset size.
But still the files most likely would be (a lot) larger than necessary.

Did you add any templates to the ignore list, specifically uix_materialVars_solid.less and uix_materialVars_outline.less?

If not you might want to try this and check again afterwards (note down file size before and after).

This is kind of an esoteric option, I just added it because pyftsubset does support it ;)

WOFF isn't being used by any (major) up-to-date browser, most likely only IE would use it.
Zopfli does compress a bit better than standard gzip/zlib, but requires more processing time.

You won't loose much if you can't use this option.

Last edited:
Hello @Kirby thanks for releasing an amazing addon.

Do you have paypal or bitcoin? so i can send you a donation

Also i am having a problem that i need help with please

when trying to save the Options page:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/pyftsubset", line 5, in <module>
from fontTools.subset import main
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fontTools/subset/init.py", line 13, in <module>
from fontTools.subset.cff import *
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fontTools/subset/cff.py", line 5, in <module>
from fontTools.varLib.varStore import VarStoreInstancer
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fontTools/varLib/init.py", line 38, in <module>
from fontTools.designspaceLib import DesignSpaceDocument
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fontTools/designspaceLib/init.py", line 10, in <module>
from fontTools.misc import plistlib
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/fontTools/misc/plistlib.py", line 398, in <module>
_make_element.register(Data)(lambda v, ctx: _data_element(v.data, ctx))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/singledispatch/init.py", line 218, in register
"on an annotated function.".format(**locals())
TypeError: Invalid first argument to register(): <class fontTools.misc.plistlib.Data at 0x7f72c3515a78>. Use either @register(some_class) or plain @Register on an annotated function.

This is an issue with your fontTools installation.

If you use CentOS, please check the FAQ on installing fontTools.
Further information on your OS and the versions of Python, PIP and fontTools is required.

Hello @Kirby fonttools is installed on my server and everything else required.

CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009

[root@home ~]# pip --version
pip 20.0.2 from /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pip (python 2.7)

As I pointed out earlier, the error messages you cited are being caused by fontTools/pyftsubset.
Unfortunately I can't provide further help setting up fontTools on CentOS as I do not use CentOS.

But the following links might help you:

Would be happy to contribute to this if you are ok with that!
I did ask some questions about UI.X and material design icons in both the UI.X 2 discussion thread and in a discussion that you participate in but didn't get any official answers :(

I did ask some questions about UI.X and material design icons in both the UI.X 2 discussion thread and in a discussion that you participate in but didn't get any official answers :(
Sorry I miss a lot of notifications here. Yeah would be happy to. Ill DM you!

Anyone able to get duotone icons working? I've spent the past two hours trying to figure it out with no success.

What exactly doesn't work in regards to duotone icons if FAM is active that does work if FAM is not active?

What exactly doesn't work in regards to duotone icons if FAM is active that does work if FAM is not active?

The icon I'm working with is f005/10f005 (fa-star), and I've added star to all the option fields except for Ignored Entries (to make sure I wasn't using the wrong field).

With FAM off, it looks like this:

1624047828824.webp

With FAM on, it looks like this:

1624047882046.webp

Disabling that option will increase CSS and probably font download size as well.

Can you post the HTML & CSS for the location shown on the screenshot?

I was just searching around about ways to disable most FA. Then I found this. I read through the thread and it sounds great so I’ll be installing it tomorrow. Nice work.

Hello,

This add-on prevents the display of the icon associated with the [cXF] Light and dark mode switch addon.

CSS details:

.p-navgroup-link.cxf-style-switch:before {
  1. font-family: 'Font Awesome 5 Pro';
  2. font-size: inherit;
  3. font-style: normal;
  4. font-weight: 400;
  5. text-rendering: auto;
  6. -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
  7. -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
  8. content: "\f042";
  9. width: 1.28571429em;
  10. display: inline-block;
  11. text-align: center;
  12. color: ;
}

extra.less addition:

css.php?css…ed8193f0:16
.p-navgroup-link.cxf-style-switch:before, .cxf-style-switch-footer:before {
  1. transform: scaleX(-1);
}

This add-on prevents the display of the icon associated with the [cXF] Light and dark mode switch addon.
It most likely does not. Please read the FAQ Some icons are missing, how can I fix this? and act accordingly.

In this specific case you might have to add adjust to the list of regular icons (as your style most likely does not use Regular by default but this icon is being used in Regular weight and you do have the style property Only use CSS for selected weight enabled).

Last edited:
Top Bottom