Implemented Floating back to top button

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I use the [Home] and [End] keys on the keyboard.

That's fine if you have a keyboard. But what's the problem with seeking solutions for other people?

Loads of people these days are browsing in tablets and mobiles. There are workarounds of course, but apparently not on many Android phones.

I think it's best that the software caters for as many users and different kinds of computer system and device as is practical. I was looking at The Admin Zone, they have a nice up/down button. This is so useful for so many people I think it should be part of the core, so we don't have to rely on addons that may become unsupported or broken with xenforo upgrades.

That's fine if you have a keyboard. But what's the problem with seeking solutions for other people?
Where did I say it was a problem for others seeking a different solution?

Suggestion threads are for all opinions, not just those supporting it.

Where did I say it was a problem for others seeking a different solution?

I don't think you said that.

Suggestion threads are for all opinions, not just those supporting it.

Yes I agree absolutely. But among the opinions against it, I think it would be better to see reasons other than "I don't need it."

I son't need it as I use CMD + up arrow on my keyboard, I'm suggesting it for the useability of my members and moderators.

@Jeanette oh I didn't know sorry but what about if anyone use tapatalk? In generally, I know a lot of people use Tapatalk app and use the forums from their mobile phones. Then would be good Jeanette ;)

@Mr Lucky correct, lol.

Hmmm not got Tapatalk on my tablet, perhaps I should. So does it have a back to top or bottom button :)

Jx
Personally I wouldn't touch Tapatalk if I were you. Although there are some stalwart users on here, many of us who have used it previously have dumped it for various reasons including security issues, lack of full forum functionality and many other reasons besides this. Just search these forums for threads on Tapatalk and you'll see the posts and can then make your own mind up.

Personally I wouldn't touch Tapatalk if I were you. Although there are some stalwart users on here, many of us who have used it previously have dumped it for various reasons including security issues, lack of full forum functionality and many other reasons besides this. Just search these forums for threads on Tapatalk and you'll see the posts and can then make your own mind up.

Thank you, appreciate your taking the time to respond. I will leave well alone, the fewer apps the better as far as I am concerned.

So how can we get around this issue for our members on mobiles. Will Xenforo develop something, perhaps it could have an option to switch it on or off so Brogan doesn't have to worry about being followed :)

Jx

Thanks @Martok we have been using an addon but really wanted something that was part of the core software that wouldn't become a problem on upgrades. It was when we removed it we realised how many people relied on it.

Jx

Guys, just wanted to say I am really beginning to appreciate the less is more forum base package.

You made believers out of me with how robust and fast the base program is, then we can tweak it as we need to.

At first I rebelled, but now 'getting it'.

Yes I do need to do some stuff to get with my mobile users as more and more members head that direction, but that too is all possible.

Most of all, my members are loving the conversion.

Thanks

Top Bottom