Implemented Floating back to top button

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This is something I've coded into the templates for years now. First with vB, then IPB, and now XF. My users love it.

Just added my vote to this. I'd like to see this implemented as floating up/down arrows which serve as to top and to bottom (useful when looking at long threads). They would fade out after a couple of seconds of not scrolling and only reappear once scrolling starts again (a reasonable amount of scrolling, not just a slight move to read the next line). Obviously an option in the ACP to allow admins to decide if they want to use them on their site or not.

Just added my vote to this.

Thank you. I really hope this can be impleneted.

What I find fascinating is the poopooers of this seem to be either thinking "I don't like this, therefore it is no use to anyone," or else suggesting alternatives that aren't alternatives (How useful is a keyboard on a mobile? Can anyone older than 9 really negotiate the teeny bit of space at the top of a mobile screen?)

@Mr Lucky the floating up/down arrows were one of several features (off-canvas menu and sticky navigation) that led me to use the UI.X theme on my site, which is a big improvement for mobile use over the standard theme.

As XF2 has already implemented off-canvas navigation, I'm hoping they'll take on board the feedback about floating up/down arrows and sticky navigation and add these features too.

@Mr Lucky the floating up/down arrows were one of several features (off-canvas menu and sticky navigation) that led me to use the UI.X theme on my site, which is a big improvement for mobile use over the standard theme.

As XF2 has already implemented off-canvas navigation, I'm hoping they'll take on board the feedback about floating up/down arrows and sticky navigation and add these features too.

I hope so too. Sadly the likes are now split between the two threads, I hope developers will take both into account

Ironically it's even more relevant on this forum, as (for some reason I don't understand) when you scroll on a mobile the normal scroll indicator on the right, that lets you see where how gar up/down the page you are, is missing.

I'd love to see this in XF2 - I use it on all my Wordpress sites and really miss it when I switch back to my forums. I would expect most modern browsers (desktop and mobile) to be able to support a simple floating top/bottom navigation block.

Just added my vote to this. I'd like to see this implemented as floating up/down arrows which serve as to top and to bottom (useful when looking at long threads). They would fade out after a couple of seconds of not scrolling and only reappear once scrolling starts again (a reasonable amount of scrolling, not just a slight move to read the next line). Obviously an option in the ACP to allow admins to decide if they want to use them on their site or not.
^ This.

And thanks for the "Home" and "End" key tip...Never knew. :oops:

The stuff we've marked implemented this evening is part of XenForo 2.0 which is currently in beta. It is suggested that you wait until the stable 2.0 release (and of course purchase a license).

Top Bottom