Implemented Floating back to top button

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
A Go To Bottom button would be more useful. You can get to the top of the screen in either Android or iOS by doubletapping the top of the URL bar. To get to the bottom you have to thumb up the screen 50thousand times.

I think some things should remain at the application-level, and this would be one of them.

Familiarity with the browser/OS is useful when navigating, and it would assist with this task in most cases.

(Also, I can't express why but I especially dislike the up/down toggle feature which will appear on some websites in an effort to make scrolling easier. I accept it would be beneficial if you wanted to go to the bottom of the page - I suppose that is why it exists.)

A Go To Bottom button would be more useful. You can get to the top of the screen in either Android or iOS by doubletapping the top of the URL bar. To get to the bottom you have to thumb up the screen 50thousand times.
I find tapping of the top of the URL tends to open favourites or the url rather than going to the top most of the time.

I do agree that a go to the bottom would be useful as well.

The Top link in the footer isn't visible on tablets and mobile phones, as it is hidden by responsive design. I always thought this was a bit odd as it's probably most useful on mobile devices.

Ah yes, I just noticed. It actually shows on my iPhone when in landscape, but I don't think many people would use a phone landscape when the forum works well responsively in portrait.

I think is a good suggestion, even many mobile apps have back to top button.
is useful and comfortable. (a small one)

Yes, it needs to be a small button but easier than trying to click the top of the URL field. The button would be invisible until you scroll.

You can get to the top of the screen in either Android or iOS by doubletapping the top of the URL bar.
On my forum, Android users are complaining that they cannot do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree about the go to bottom as well. However doubletapping on the top of the url bar just brings up a list of previous URLS, doesn't scroll to top. Neither does the other suggestion of tapping on an arrow from scrolling - it doesn't come up.

Seems there are differences between the way the browsers perform under Android versions. I'm on 4.3, the phone's 2 years old and no more updates. I'm not buying a new phone just to get a newer version of Android.

And as for floating icons...I absolutely loathe anything which follows me around when scrolling.

Problem is it isn't necessarily about what we like but more about giving our members a good user experience. :)

More and more members use more than one forum and will naturally compare them and we want ours to be up there with the best!

Jx

Top Bottom