Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silly thread question #1

Have just installed, however would love this to be full width, rather than fixed width. Could anyone advise if it is an easy thing to change, or a nightmare and better me not bothering?

Cheers
Paul

Paul it is easy to change. Go to your acp > Appearance > Style properties > General > Page Width Controller.

Hey Erik, question. I have placed a Twitter logo in the right container on the header. However, I feel that it is a bit too far over to the right.
So, how would I adjust that to move the container over to the left a bit. Which template? or is it a margin? If so, I can't find either one.
Yep, the positioning is defined in the right_content_area.css template. Find this bit:
Code:
#rightContentBox {
    @property "rightContentBox";
    font-style: italic;
    color: @textCtrlBackground;
    background: rgba(0,0,0,.13);
    padding: 12px;
    border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.2);
    border-radius: 6px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
    top: 30px;
    max-width: 410px;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 @primaryDark;
    @property "/rightContentBox";
}
Change the right value to control the amount of spacing between the right side of the box and the page width container. In other words, if you want to move the box to the left 20px, do "right: 20px;" :)

Edit: Alternatively you can edit the right property under the "extra CSS" portion of the Right Content Box style property (Flexile Style Properties > Right Content Box). :)

Also I apologize to everyone about the dark style - it will be done by Monday. :)

Erik I noticed another issue, and hope you can help. When viewing the site in IE (latest version), I noticed a white line below the Home/Forums/Members/Help navbar, and also on top of the right container box in the header.

Any idea how I can get rid of that? Or is it an issue with IE and I'm stuck?

Erik I noticed another issue, and hope you can help. When viewing the site in IE (latest version), I noticed a white line below the Home/Forums/Members/Help navbar, and also on top of the right container box in the header.

Any idea how I can get rid of that? Or is it an issue with IE and I'm stuck?
Yeah, this is something that's been bothering me and I'll need to fix for the next release. For now, remove the border-top line in the same section of CSS I posted above, and then find this in navigation.css:

Code:
.secondaryBar {
    height: @headerTabHeight;
    background-color: @primaryLightish;
    border-top: 1px solid rgba(252,252,252,0.42);
    border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryDarker;
    position: absolute;
    margin-bottom: -1px; /* temporary fix - meh */
    bottom: 0;
    width: 100%;
}

Replace the rgba(...) stuff with either a hex color of your choice or @primaryLighter, which is the closest color on the color palette (but not exact). :)

This will change the appearance in all other browsers, so you'll have to decide if it's worth it to make it look nice in IE. :)

smile.png
wow my favorite xen style, thanks Erik :O

Yep, I'm still working on it, but it's the holidays so I've not been doing that much work lately. I like the your colors but I think I may go just a tad bit darker. :)
I fear its gonna be too dark... =P

I find that most websites are either one or the other... too bright or too dark.

Flexile 0.5 released. This fixes some IE issues reported by Peggy and syncs the version number up with the XF beta number. Official changelog:
  • Some IE style issues fixed with new Internet Explorer-specific template (internetexplorer.css). See the template for details. The style now looks a lot better in IE by default.
  • This update also serves the purpose of synching the Flexile version number with the Beta release number of XenForo. For example, Flexile 0.5 is the release for XenForo beta 5.
As usual, the latest version is available for download in the first post. :)

I have a new issue with this update:

Example:
http://www.8wayrun.com/wiki/amy/

Notice how the headers of each section (except Content) is now Blue. They are actually <a name> tags. In the old version of this skin, they would have remained black, instead of being changed to blue. Same issue in the dark skin.

EDIT: I fixed it by taking the text out of the anchor.

Also... its pretty impossible to see links in the Right Content Box...

HTML:
<p>Please support 8WayRun.com<br /><a href="/account/upgrades">Become a Premium Member!</a></p>

Image on top is Light Skin, Image on bottom is Dark Skin
1.webp

Also... its pretty impossible to see links in the Right Content Box...

HTML:
<p>Please support 8WayRun.com<br /><a href="/account/upgrades">Become a Premium Member!</a></p>

Image on top is Light Skin, Image on bottom is Dark Skin
View attachment 8642
I assume you're using Google Chrome. I'm pretty sure this is a bug in Chrome and it's been really pissing me off... In Firefox it works as expected. Try right-clicking the link (in Chrome) and going to "Inspect element". On the right-hand side you will see that the link color should be a light blue, according to the CSS cascade. Firefox displays this as it should, but for some reason Chrome screws up the "visited" link color (if you clear your history and then refresh the page, you will see that the link color is a readable, light blue). Honestly I do not know what to do here. :)

Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about:

chromewtf.webp

I should also note that the bug looks slightly different in the dark and light versions of the skin because it is using the @primaryMedium color, and in the dark skin I made this color slightly brighter to make text links more readable against the dark background. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, not a bug in Chrome, just a single un-capitalized letter. Fixed now. :)

Oops, I should note that I accidentally left the "User Bar Text String," "Show User Card," and "Show Right Content Area" options enabled under Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties when I exported the style (this is different than the previous defaults). If you've updated to the latest Flexile verison, you should double check your settings there. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom