Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik,

One thing I hadn't thought much about was regarding changes to the PAGE_CONTAINER template. I insert the code for two different ads, and was wondering how updates would be applied to that template if I wasn't reverting it? It seemed that when I uploaded the latest version of Flexile (for beta 6) it wasn't wiping out my ads.

In the Xenforo default style, I would just revert the template and manually re-insert my ad code. However, I don't think reverting the template would be a proper option, wouldn't that remove your formatting as well?

So I removed all of the Flexile Styles, and re-installed them. It seemed like an excessive step.

Erik,

One thing I hadn't thought much about was regarding changes to the PAGE_CONTAINER template. I insert the code for two different ads, and was wondering how updates would be applied to that template if I wasn't reverting it? It seemed that when I uploaded the latest version of Flexile (for beta 6) it wasn't wiping out my ads.

In the Xenforo default style, I would just revert the template and manually re-insert my ad code. However, I don't think reverting the template would be a proper option, wouldn't that remove your formatting as well?

So I removed all of the Flexile Styles, and re-installed them. It seemed like an excessive step.
If you modified the PAGE_CONTAINER template of the installed Flexile style, then yes, when you update the style and overwrite the version you modified, it should wipe out your modifications.

What I recommend is creating a child style of the Flexile style. Call it something like "Flexile Modified." Then, insert your add code into the PAGE_CONTAINER template of that style. When it comes time to update Flexile, overwrite the original, unmodified style, and then in the Flexile Modified style, revert the PAGE_CONTAINER template and re-insert your ad code. This way, when you revert the template it will revert to the unmodified Flexile template. :)

Hopefully that makes sense. :)

That is correct. If you overwrite the original Flexile style, the child color styles will inherit any updates.

For Peggy and anyone else making customizations to this theme, here is what I recommend you do:
When you install Flexile, before you make any changes you should create a child style of the original and call it something like "My Flexile." Then you should make your changes to that style, leaving the original untouched. Mark the original as unselectable by users so it only appears like your customized version is installed. When it comes time to upgrade, simply overwrite the original Flexile style, and then your customized version will inherit the changes. You may still need to manually update some templates that you modified, but such is the life of customizing themes. :)

Also, the Flexile 0.3 package has been updated to fix the editor glitch. :)

thank you! In my opinion, you should add this to the first post!

If you modified the PAGE_CONTAINER template of the installed Flexile style, then yes, when you update the style and overwrite the version you modified, it should wipe out your modifications.

What I recommend is creating a child style of the Flexile style. Call it something like "Flexile Modified." Then, insert your add code into the PAGE_CONTAINER template of that style. When it comes time to update Flexile, overwrite the original, unmodified style, and then in the Flexile Modified style, revert the PAGE_CONTAINER template and re-insert your ad code. This way, when you revert the template it will revert to the unmodified Flexile template. :)

Hopefully that makes sense. :)

That does make sense. Can the "Flexile Modified" have the other color/style options as children below it?

I recommend either putting all your changes in EXTRA.css and then updating that template each time, or using this method.

Add this code right after <div id="header"> in the header template:
HTML:
<div id="rightContentArea" class="pageWidth">
    <div id="rightContentBox">
        Your content here.
    </div>
</div>

Then see the right_content_area.css template for the CSS that I use to position and style the box. I can't guarantee this will work on any style or even the default style. Some knowledge of CSS & HTML may be needed to get it to work well on whatever style you are using. :)
Just tried that. Twice. Didn't work. This is what I've been trying to do for a while now.

I think I may add support for all of Jaxel's modifications in the next release of Flexile, seeing as they are very popular. Although ideally I should find a way to deal with the CSS in such a way that the custom CSS shouldn't be required. :)

Erik, does the latest release support Jaxel's add-ons ? Thanks.

I played around with beta 6 and the latest flexile. All appeared absolutley fine. And I use XenPorta, XenMedio & XenAttendo.

Only issue I had was with custom widgets simple css background issue(forum read/unread icons) but thats a simple edit, just waiting for Eric to get back to me with where to do it. Hope this helps

I was referring to this issue:

img-png.7310

The same I have currently on my website. If this isn't an issue anymore, I'm going to update my Flexile theme to the latest.

Just tried that. Twice. Didn't work. This is what I've been trying to do for a while now.
Well, that is what you have to do. I can't really help you much more than that without knowing your actual site or theme that you are working with.

Not out of the box, no. The issue that you are describing still exists. However, it is easily fixable by adding this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.EWRatendo_Monthly .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRatendo_Weekly .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRcarta_PageArchive .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRcarta_PageView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRcarta_PageNull .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_Categories .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_CategoryView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_KeywordView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_Media .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_MediaView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_Playlists .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_PlaylistView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_ServiceView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRmedio_UserView .breadBoxBottom,
.EWRporta_Portal .breadBoxBottom {
    border: 1px solid @lightMonochrome;
    border-radius: 6px;
    box-shadow: 0 0 12px rgba(0,0,0,.1);
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

.EWRatendo_Monthly .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRatendo_Weekly .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRcarta_PageArchive .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRcarta_PageView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRcarta_PageNull .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_Categories .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_CategoryView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_KeywordView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_Media .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_MediaView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_Playlists .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_PlaylistView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_ServiceView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRmedio_UserView .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb,
.EWRporta_Portal .breadBoxBottom .breadcrumb {
    border-radius: 6px;
    border: none;
}

#content.EWRatendo_Monthly .pageContent,
#content.EWRatendo_Weekly .pageContent,
#content.EWRcarta_PageArchive .pageContent,
#content.EWRcarta_PageView .pageContent,
#content.EWRcarta_PageNull .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_Categories .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_CategoryView .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_KeywordView .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_Media .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_MediaView .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_Playlists .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_PlaylistView .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_ServiceView .pageContent,
#content.EWRmedio_UserView .pageContent,
#content.EWRporta_Portal .pageContent {
    padding: 0;
    background: none;
    border: none;
    border-radius: 0;
    -moz-box-shadow: none;
    -webkit-box-shadow: none;
    box-shadow: none; /* seems we do have to use specials here because parser doesn't support box-shadow: none */
}

(It's a lot of CSS, I know, which is why I don't add it in by default.)

Flexile RC1 released. I evaluated the way I am handling the page layout and sidebars, and decided that my current method is best. This means that Jaxel's mods are still not supported right out of the box. However, I added a simple checkbox that will enable support for them in one click. See the release notes below:

Flexile RC1 Release Notes:
  • Updated for XenForo Release Candidate 1.
  • Added optional support for 8WayRun modifications that eliminates visual bug. Check the box under Flexile Style Properties to enable.
  • Corrected small visual bug with the Facebook Recommendations block on the Recent Activity page.
  • For those making customizations to their installation, I've added an easier way to eliminate the "double background" bug, as I'll call it (the bug that you get with the 8WayRun mods). Simply add a class of hasSidebar to the content div of that page, and everything should be correct automatically. For those unfamiliar with CSS, you can apply multiple classes to an element by seperating them with a space.
As usual, the download is available on the next page. Flexile Dark will be updated tomorrow. :)

Flexile RC1 released. I evaluated the way I am handling the page layout and sidebars, and decided that my current method is best. This means that Jaxel's mods are still not supported right out of the box. However, I added a simple checkbox that will enable support for them in one click. See the release notes below:

Flexile RC1 Release Notes:
  • Updated for XenForo Release Candidate 1.
  • Added optional support for 8WayRun modifications that eliminates visual bug. Check the box under Flexile Style Properties to enable.
  • Corrected small visual bug with the Facebook Recommendations block on the Recent Activity page.
  • For those making customizations to their installation, I've added an easier way to eliminate the "double background" bug, as I'll call it (the bug that you get with the 8WayRun mods). Simply add a class of hasSidebar to the content div of that page, and everything should be correct automatically. For those unfamiliar with CSS, you can apply multiple classes to an element by seperating them with a space.
As usual, the download is available on the next page. Flexile Dark will be updated tomorrow. :)

FIRST !!!

Thx Erik!

Ok, I will take a look at that.

Yep. You can put child styles under it as usual. :)

It worked! Before upgrading to RC1 I removed all of the Flexile styles, did the Xenforo upgrade, and then re-installed them as below:

Flexile
--Child / Primary Blue Style
----Child
----Child

I disabled user selection on the default XF style, and the Flexile style that would be now considered the source/default that I won't ever modify. I made my logo/header/template modifications on the Child / Primary Blue Style and it propogated to the others as it has done before. This results in three color choices for users, but the other styles (that users don't see) do appear to me in the style chooser - but guests only see the three styles I've enabled. Later today a couple of the users will let me know what they see.

Thanks for your efforts!

nice theme, i like it. but i get an error in the footer.
the links are broken by text
View attachment 9867
This is probably because you have too many copyright statements, so there is not room for them to fit and they are wrapping down below. I'm not sure what that blue dot is between them though. This is one you'll have to fix yourself by editing the footer template to your liking. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom