Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erik this is a question about the right side container in the header.

How do I go about making that container background transparent (no color)?

Erik this is a question about the right side container in the header.

How do I go about making that container background transparent (no color)?
In the right_content_area.css template, find this bit of CSS and remove all background and border rules:

Code:
#rightContentBox {
    @property "rightContentBox";
    font-style: italic;
    color: @lightTextColor;
    background: rgba(0,0,0,.13);
    padding: 12px;
    border-top: 1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.2);
    border-radius: 6px;
    position: absolute;
    right: 0;
    top: 30px;
    max-width: 410px;
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 0 @primaryDark;
    @property "/rightContentBox";
}

I have upgraded my forum on a test site and it seems like the XenForo resize feature doesn't work. Pictures that are larger than the message screen don't resize. Is this just me or has anybody else this issue ?

I have upgraded my forum on a test site and it seems like the XenForo resize feature doesn't work. Pictures that are larger than the message screen don't resize. Is this just me or has anybody else this issue ?

I don't think this is an issue with this style, I am running the default style and get the same thing.

Jamie

Thanks for confirming that it's something wrong with my style (even though it's default) it's got to be a tweak I did somewhere... I'll have to hunt it down...

Jamie

Is the current version of the style working at all on beta 6 for anyone? Even after updating all outdated templates, whenever I try to select the style as a user it just immediately reverts to the default style - it doesn't appear to do anything. Can anyone replicate this behavior or is it just happening to me?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems it was a XF bug.

Are you talking about when they are displayed in the thread or in the editor?

I've updated Flexile to beta 6 (about to release, checking for last-minute bugs), and images resize as expected when viewed in the thread, but they don't resize when inserted into the editor.

However, they don't resize in the editor on the default style either (at least on my installation), so I don't think this is a problem with Flexile.

Flexile 0.6 released. Download available in first post.

Changelog:
  • Updated for Beta 6.
  • Fixed link color error in header content box.
  • All the page-specific style rules that prevent issues like this are now in flexile_exceptions.css. This makes adding more entries easy.
  • Added new images to package (for lightbox, among other things).

To update, import the XML file and overwrite the original Flexile style. Then upload the upload folder to the appropriate directory. You will have to upload the upload folder this time because there are new images.

Flexile Dark will be updated tomorrow.

Are you talking about when they are displayed in the thread or in the editor?

I've updated Flexile to beta 6 (about to release, checking for last-minute bugs), and images resize as expected when viewed in the thread, but they don't resize when inserted into the editor.

However, they don't resize in the editor on the default style either (at least on my installation), so I don't think this is a problem with Flexile.

I just ran the upgrade and it's happening as you're describing it. I'm good with not resizing in the inline editor or else. Thank you Erik for the quick update.

how do you upgrade without losing your modifications to the templates and to the style properties?
thanks!

I made a backup of my forum_list where almost every edit was. But it didn't affect it. I also made changes for the mood manager and etc. It didn't reverse those changes. So I'm guessing that won't be a problem. Just in case, please make sure you have a backup of the templates in which you've made those changes until Erik verifies this.

I made a backup of my forum_list where almost every edit was. But it didn't affect it. I also made changes for the mood manager and etc. It didn't reverse those changes. So I'm guessing that won't be a problem. Just in case, please make sure you have a backup of the templates in which you've made those changes until Erik verifies this.

well... i just modified some colors and font sizes... after the "upgrade" I found out that all my customizations were gone! It wasn't a big loss but I'd like to know if there's a way to avoid it ;)

well... i just modified some colors and font sizes... after the "upgrade" I found out that all my customizations were gone! It wasn't a big loss but I'd like to know if there's a way to avoid it ;)

I haven't made any myself. My were additional template entries so i can't reproduce that. It's always a good thing to have a backup xml installed just for your eyes so you can look and change if such things happen :)

I haven't made any myself. My were additional template entries so i can't reproduce that. It's always a good thing to have a backup xml installed just for your eyes so you can look and change if such things happen :)
next time i will do it :D I just need to understand how xenforo handles everything ;)

how do you upgrade without losing your modifications to the templates and to the style properties?
thanks!
I recommend either putting all your changes in EXTRA.css and then updating that template each time, or using this method.

Hi,

How do you add the right content box in the header to any style?

Thanks

Add this code right after <div id="header"> in the header template:
HTML:
<div id="rightContentArea" class="pageWidth">
    <div id="rightContentBox">
        Your content here.
    </div>
</div>

Then see the right_content_area.css template for the CSS that I use to position and style the box. I can't guarantee this will work on any style or even the default style. Some knowledge of CSS & HTML may be needed to get it to work well on whatever style you are using. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom