Flexile Dark

Flexile Dark 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking forward to seeing this one updated to RC3 as well.

I doubt that Erik would bother since this is the final beta. Next XF release will be gold, id imagine most developers would hold off on updating templates until then.

He updated his original Flexile to RC3, I was just curious if this dark version was in the pipeline.

I don't mind if he waits for final at this point at all, but was just curious as I'm doing some testing and releasing a new site soon...

He updated his original Flexile to RC3, I was just curious if this dark version was in the pipeline.

I don't mind if he waits for final at this point at all, but was just curious as I'm doing some testing and releasing a new site soon...
Ahh i see, im kind of in the same boat. I guess Erik will have to confirm all of this but more then likely its going to be as I mentioned before. Hopefully not too long till Gold XF

He said it's coming:
Flexile RC3 released. I apologize for the long time it took to update this theme. :)

Changes:
  • Updated for Release Candidate 3 (most of the changes were adding support for template hooks).
  • This is a maintenance release. I'll look at adding more features to the theme once XF hits gold.
I'll try to get to the giant backlog of questions tomorrow, and I'll update Flexile Dark tomorrow as well. Thanks! :)

:)

Updated for RC3. To upgrade, overwrite both the "regular" Flexile style and Flexile Dark with the new files.

Not many changes with this one, just updated for RC3. :) I'm burned out right now so I'll answer all your questions tomorrow.

Updated for RC3. To upgrade, overwrite both the "regular" Flexile style and Flexile Dark with the new files.

Not many changes with this one, just updated for RC3. :) I'm burned out right now so I'll answer all your questions tomorrow.
Right on Erik! Thank you

For this update, you only need to update Flexile Dark. You should also re-upload the image folder as it contains some new images that are part of the fixes. :)

To use your own read and unread widgets, find this CSS in the node_list.css template:
Code:
    .node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconReadPath);
        background-color: @primaryLightish;
    }

.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconUnreadPath);
        background-color: @primaryMedium;
    }

Then remove the background-color line from each of those groups. :)

Hi Erik,

Just upgraded to RC3, all seems to be going far so fine, ive used this method quoted many a times and its always worked. Didnt seem to work this time. Have a blue background in the widgets like below, is there something else I need to edit? thanks mate.

XF.webp

Nevermind, fixed! Had to edit it in flexile dark ss well even though Flexile Dark is a child of original flexile which I edited in the first place. Just incase anyone else had the same issue

second that.. thanks erik..
Need assistance, I did it once and don't remember how I did it.:) But, I need to change the width of the location of the logo.

Below is an image of what I am trying to say...lol
width.webp

Nevermind I found it again..
Style Property > Header and Navagation..

Updated but few things are not working for portal after applying the fixes available around the pages :(

I'm using this style and it's great! One request however:

I've changed around the navigation a bar to make it look more like the original, and I want to have the content background only behind the content - below the navigation bar, and then a background image to the sides. And if possible to I want to cut off the header as well. I suck at explaining, so a picture to illustrate:

The red would be whatever background picture I add.
View attachment 10368

Been looking through templates but can't find how to do this.
Unfortunately this isn't really possible with the way I've structured the style. You would kind of have to recode a lot of the theme. It was built on the principle that the background graphics stretch across the entire page. Sorry.
Having a problem finding out how to limit the blue bar's right extension.. Here is a picture showing how the blue tab bar extends off the page to the right.. It is stopping correctly on the left...
In IE8 the secondaryBar lines up with the content on the left side of the page and extends to the right of the screen on the left... In Firefox the secondaryBar extends to the edge of the screen on the left and right.. I would love for the secondaryBar to stop at the edge of the content on both sides and in both browsers..

Also noticed the very top black bar is now double the height that it was before.. In Firefox its the same old height..

Been searching for an answer for two hours now,, how about a clue?

View attachment 10936
Really sorry for not getting too this sooner, but I was extremely busy. This is actually pretty simple to do. Edit the navigation.css template and change the entire .secondaryBar CSS block to this:
Code:
.secondaryBar {
	height: @headerTabHeight;
	border-top: 1px solid rgba(252,252,252,0.42);
	border-bottom: 1px solid @primaryDarker;
	position: absolute;
	margin-bottom: -1px; /* temporary fix - meh */
	bottom: 0;
	left: 50%;
	min-width: 940px;
	width: 976px; /* same as width of .pageWidth class */
	margin-left: -488px; /* 1/2 of width of bar - if you want to make bar bigger, you will need to adjust this value as well */
}
I've tested this in Firefox, Chrome, and IE and it works like a charm. :)
View attachment 10983

Need some help regarding that issue just noticed while i was testing the Portal .
Go to Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties and check the box labeled "Enable support for 8wayrun addons." :)
is it possible to have a mobile style within Flexile Dark style... ??? regards
Possible? Yes. But it would require a lot of coding work (which I don't have time for) and it's not really on my list as of now. :) I'll consider it for the future though. :) Honestly, in terms of developing a mobile style, I would probably aim at developing a functional and easy-to-use mobile style before I started considering what it's going to look like. In the case of a mobile style, what's really important is the functionality, ease of use, and general UI design. So I guess what I'm saying is that I would probably release a general mobile style, and then try to get it to look like Flexile Dark if there is interest in that.
Hey Erik,

This is a great style. I want to modify it a bit to just change the color of the nav bar (I still want the default color for the selected tab, but I want the color of the nav bar to be different) What property do I change to accomplish this?
Edit the navigation.css template and find this bit of CSS:
Code:
.secondaryBar {
	height: @headerTabHeight;
	border-top: 1px solid rgba(252,252,252,0.42);
	[...]
}
And then in the background-color property replace @primaryLightish with a hex value of your choice. :)

Updated but few things are not working for portal after applying the fixes available around the pages
Responded to your PM.

Sorry for the long delay in answering these questions. If I somehow missed you please just reply again and I'll be happy to answer. :)

Flexile RC3 Update 1 released. Changelog:
  • Fixed support for XenPorta (thanks to Jaxel for the CSS and iTuN3r for bringing it to my attention). The procedure for getting XenPorta to work is now:
    • Enable "Break Out of Content Container" in the XenPorta options.
    • Enable support for 8wayrun addons under Flexile > Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties. This will automatically be inherited by Flexile Dark.
  • Reverted the "Right Content Area Text" Style Property so it is now inherited by Flexile Dark. (Thanks to Jaxel)
To update, overwrite Flexile and Flexile Dark with the new XML files. This is not a critical update, but if you're also using XenPorta it should fix all the style issues you're probably having. :)

It's actually a Style Property. Look under Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties > Right Content Area. :)

Erik no matter which one I change it in Flexile or Dark I keep getting a \ at the end of my link?

Ok I solve it. Took the " " off and it worked..

I'm considering using a customised version of Flexile Dark for http://forums.spacebattles.com when I migrate it. Nice job :)

Hope your gona share
wink.png

Flexile RC3 Update 1 released. Changelog:
  • Fixed support for XenPorta (thanks to Jaxel for the CSS and iTuN3r for bringing it to my attention). The procedure for getting XenPorta to work is now:
    • Enable "Break Out of Content Container" in the XenPorta options.
    • Enable support for 8wayrun addons under Flexile > Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties. This will automatically be inherited by Flexile Dark.
  • Reverted the "Right Content Area Text" Style Property so it is now inherited by Flexile Dark. (Thanks to Jaxel)
To update, overwrite Flexile and Flexile Dark with the new XML files. This is not a critical update, but if you're also using XenPorta it should fix all the style issues you're probably having. :)
Hey Erik,

I already updated flexile dark to RC3 before this update. When you say 'To update, overwrite Flexile and Flexile Dark with the new XML files' does this mean only the XML files or do I need to upload everything again and then overwrite the styles?

I use fluid style, taller banner and a few small tweaks, everytime i update I have to re-edit these, not a big deal but is there a way around this? I have it setup so flexile is the main style and dark is a child of it.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom