Flexile Dark

Flexile Dark 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Erik,

I already updated flexile dark to RC3 before this update. When you say 'To update, overwrite Flexile and Flexile Dark with the new XML files' does this mean only the XML files or do I need to upload everything again and then overwrite the styles?

I use fluid style, taller banner and a few small tweaks, everytime i update I have to re-edit these, not a big deal but is there a way around this? I have it setup so flexile is the main style and dark is a child of it.

cheers

You just need to overwrite the Flexile.xml & Flexiledark.xml and re-apply the edits . Well just make sure you have copy of logs of edited templates so you know where to look for .

Hey Erik,

I already updated flexile dark to RC3 before this update. When you say 'To update, overwrite Flexile and Flexile Dark with the new XML files' does this mean only the XML files or do I need to upload everything again and then overwrite the styles?

I use fluid style, taller banner and a few small tweaks, everytime i update I have to re-edit these, not a big deal but is there a way around this? I have it setup so flexile is the main style and dark is a child of it.

cheers
To update, click on "Import a Style", select the new XML files to import, and then where it says "Import as:" choose "Overwrite Style" and select the appropriate style to overwrite (Flexile or Flexile Dark).

As far as not losing your changes when updating, I recommend making all your edits in a child style of Flexile or Flexile Dark, so when it comes time to update you just simply overwrite the original, non-customized version. All updated changes will automatically be inherited by your child style.

Alternatively you can just add all your edits to EXTRA.css and copy that over to the new version every time you update. :)

To update, click on "Import a Style", select the new XML files to import, and then where it says "Import as:" choose "Overwrite Style" and select the appropriate style to overwrite (Flexile or Flexile Dark).

As far as not losing your changes when updating, I recommend making all your edits in a child style of Flexile or Flexile Dark, so when it comes time to update you just simply overwrite the original, non-customized version. All updated changes will automatically be inherited by your child style.

Alternatively you can just add all your edits to EXTRA.css and copy that over to the new version every time you update. :)
Thanks Erik,

Very helpful as always!

Minor Bug Report: When viewing a profile, scroll down on the left sidebar until you see "Share This Page" with facebook and such in it. You'll notice that in both Flexile and Flexile Dark the header isn't aligned properly.

Love this style, and am looking forward to those additional features you've spoken about. I grabbed branding fee, and I'm using this now as a base for a new site redesign!

Flexile Dark 1.0.0 released. Changelog:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.0.0.
  • Fixed small visual bug with share block on member pages.
  • Included fix for XenPorta posted earlier.
To update, you will need to update both the original Flexile and Flexile Dark. :)

Flexile Dark 1.0.0 released. Changelog:
  • Updated for XenForo 1.0.0.
  • Fixed small visual bug with share block on member pages.
  • Included fix for XenPorta posted earlier.
To update, you will need to update both the original Flexile and Flexile Dark. :)
Nice one Erik thanks very much! see this >>>>>>>>>:ROFLMAO:<<<<<<<<<< that's me right now.

Hi Erik,

Not sure if its the flexile template or jaxels mod but the titles in my portal news looks funny, the title and time are stuck together. You can see for yourself @ mmazone.com.au

Would this be a edit for flexile or should I bug jaxel lol? Thanks mate

Erik ive read tho every page on the light and dark skins and added all the CSS for some of Jaxel's mods..
Yet my breadbox is still there on the portal page (am trying to hide it)

also mate is there any css for the blog's (as in the sidebar is not on it's own "floating" like the others are)
Thanks

Plus is there a List of all Jaxel's extra css on one post it's very confusing going tho it all

hmm.webp

Hi Erik,

Not sure if its the flexile template or jaxels mod but the titles in my portal news looks funny, the title and time are stuck together. You can see for yourself @ mmazone.com.au

Would this be a edit for flexile or should I bug jaxel lol? Thanks mate
It's really just because your titles are long and the width of the page is small, so the long titles are hitting the time text that is floated to the right, and then they wrap down to a second line. You could edit the template code to give the "time" div a left padding or 20px or so, but then you run the risk of the second line of the title wrapping under the timestamp, which looks even worse:

wrapper.webp

The quick fix would be to make the width of the page wider (under Style Properties > General > Page Width Controller) or just make your titles shorter. :p Notice how Jaxel's site, 8wayrun.com, has a very large page width. :)
Erik ive read tho every page on the light and dark skins and added all the CSS for some of Jaxel's mods..
Yet my breadbox is still there on the portal page (am trying to hide it)

also mate is there any css for the blog's (as in the sidebar is not on it's own "floating" like the others are)
Thanks

Plus is there a List of all Jaxel's extra css on one post it's very confusing going tho it all

View attachment 12204
All that CSS is relatively outdated. All you really need to do now is check the "Enable support for 8wayrun addons" box under Flexile > Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties. Then you can make XenPorta break out of the content container, which will remove the top navigation bar, by checking the appropriate box under Options > XenPorta. :)

As far as the Blogs, I haven't seen that before. Is that an addon? Do you have a link to the addon page? All you really need to do is add the class of the content container for all of the addon's pages to the list of exceptions in flexile_exceptions.css, but that may be a bit too advanced for you. :)

As far as the Blogs, I haven't seen that before. Is that an addon? Do you have a link to the addon page? All you really need to do is add the class of the content container for all of the addon's pages to the list of exceptions in flexile_exceptions.css, but that may be a bit too advanced for you. :)

Thanks man I have the full CSS for Jaxels mods now hehe
Sure this is the Blogs
Thanks muchy :3

Edit I'll see if I can find them classes :) thanks for the tip

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that may be the issue. Ill try making the whole page wider like Jaxels, thanks mate.

IAll you really need to do is add the class of the content container for all of the addon's pages to the list of exceptions in flexile_exceptions.css, but that may be a bit too advanced for you. :)

.lnblogMessageContent,
.primaryContent lnblogEntryComment,
.secondaryContent messageContainer,
.primaryContent baseHtml,
.secondaryContent,
.profileContent lnblogProfileEntries,
.searchResult thread primaryContent,
.secondaryContent blockLinksList,

Like this ?

@Erik: first of all thanks very much for your work. It perfectly fits our community forums with all the different colors.

I was wondering, are you planning to release more colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom