Flat Awesome + - PixelExit.com

Flat Awesome + - PixelExit.com [Paid] 2.2.14

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Is there a trick to showing advertising on this theme? Just digging into it, but none of the ads I have set up via xenforo show on the theme.

Ads should show up just fine, did you need to add any additional ad code in the head/body section by chance?

The only time an ad may not show up is if you, for instance, are using the header position but you've moved the logo into the navigation.

Ads should show up just fine, did you need to add any additional ad code in the head/body section by chance?

The only time an ad may not show up is if you, for instance, are using the header position but you've moved the logo into the navigation.
Sorry, tried to delete that before you seen it. I need to ad some code to a template. Had these ads going for so long that I forgot they were different that simply running adsense.

@Russ moved to a slightly smaller iphone this week and i noticed the attach & reply button layout looks a little off when i load the site. don't know if that's got something to do with my individual zoom settings, the browser, or what. figured i'd run it by you:

IMG_3123.pngIMG_3124.png

It's sort of a mixture of the device, font, and padding sizing. It happens in the default style as well if you increase those settings or even have quotes:

Screenshot_31.webp

You can try adding this in extra.less for now:

Code:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveNarrow)
{
.message-editorWrapper .button {
    padding-right: 7px;
    padding-left: 7px;
    font-size: 12px;
}}

woah this 2.2 update is WEIRD looking

@Russ is there a way to condense down this subforum listing on mobile? maybe get rid of the preview text and just show the subforum title and not the messages, threads, and thread preview? takes up a huge amount of the screen.

Attachments

• iphone subforum.webp
    iphone subforum.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 7
We didn't change that area you're referring to, it's like that on default XF. You can hide the latest post:

Code:
@media (max-width: 650px)
{
[data-template="forum_view"] .node-extra { display: none; }
}

We didn't change that area you're referring to, it's like that on default XF. You can hide the latest post:

Code:
{
[data-template="forum_view"] .node-extra { display: none; }
}
i didn't think you did but i also wasn't there there wasn't some neat option you guys had added in to be able to streamline the view that I wasn't seeing. I test that out and report back.

edit that's a LOT better. Is there a way to get rid of the messages and threads line as well?

i didn't think you did but i also wasn't there there wasn't some neat option you guys had added in to be able to streamline the view that I wasn't seeing. I test that out and report back.

edit that's a LOT better. Is there a way to get rid of the messages and threads line as well?

Completely missed this sorry!

Code:
{
[data-template="forum_view"] .node-extra, [data-template="forum_view"]  .node-meta { display: none; }
}

@Russ how to keep the dual column style on category pages in Flat Awesome +

The dual style shows on the main forum list, but when sending to a category page the styling is lost and becomes single column. Is there a way around this to keep the dual column style on category pages?

With thanks

Just a quick follow up to say a huge thank you to @Russ for sorting out the category pages - best support ever and Flat Awesome + is one of the easiest and most diverse themes you can get your hands on.

thumbs_up.webp

@Russ noticed two odd things coinciding today on my iphone se:

first, the forum isn't maximizing the width of the phone by its. its roughly 90-95% of the way there but there's some play and you can move the page around slightly left and right.

second, and coinciding with this new development, the page up/down button seems to have disappeared.

i honestly have no idea what prompted either change as nothing has gone on with the back end in quite some time. any suggestions would be appreciated.

I'm seeing your up/down buttons, is the problem happening on your live site?

As for the scrolling, I think it's down the to the nav bar and the text-based logo. It won't shrink to allow room for the links like an image. I've already made adjustments for this in our 2.2 release but you can try something like this in extra.less:

Code:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium)
{
.p-nav
{
.p-nav-menuTrigger, .p-nav-smallLogo a { padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 5px; }
.p-nav-opposite .p-navgroup-link { padding-right: 7px; padding-left: 7px; }
.p-nav-menuTrigger i:after { font-size: 16px; }
}
}

I'm seeing your up/down buttons, is the problem happening on your live site?

As for the scrolling, I think it's down the to the nav bar and the text-based logo. It won't shrink to allow room for the links like an image. I've already made adjustments for this in our 2.2 release but you can try something like this in extra.less:

Code:
@media (max-width: @xf-responsiveMedium)
{
.p-nav
{
.p-nav-menuTrigger, .p-nav-smallLogo a { padding-right: 5px; padding-left: 5px; }
.p-nav-opposite .p-navgroup-link { padding-right: 7px; padding-left: 7px; }
.p-nav-menuTrigger i:after { font-size: 16px; }
}
}
yeah its there on the desktop, and it WAS there on my phone, but now its missing. and i never had problems with it maximizing width either. i've had the phone for roughly 4 months now so i'm not exactly sure what changed in the past few days.

I've never upgraded XF with a third party theme before. When I upgrade my FA+ theme to 2.2, are there going to be a lot of fixes to make, or do things pretty much stay the way they are? I know XF 2.2 has some new interface elements I may need to tweak, but I wouldn't expect the entire site to be broken...or so I would hope. 😉

I've never upgraded XF with a third party theme before. When I upgrade my FA+ theme to 2.2, are there going to be a lot of fixes to make, or do things pretty much stay the way they are? I know XF 2.2 has some new interface elements I may need to tweak, but I wouldn't expect the entire site to be broken...or so I would hope. 😉

In general, our upgrades should retain the same look. If you have any templates customized to your child style you may need to fix those. Sometimes it's easier to see the custom changes before the upgrade. For instance, if your PAGE_CONTAINER is customized but you've only added a link inside the footer area, it might be easier to simply copy that edit, revert the template, upgrade the style and re-apply the edit.

If you run into trouble just submit a ticket on our site and I'll gladly take a closer look.

If you run into trouble just submit a ticket on our site and I'll gladly take a closer look.
Will do. I think most of my edits are to EXTRA.less with a few minor tweaks here and there. (And actually, I need to convert some of those minor layout tweaks I've made to add-ons--it's more work now, but it makes upgrades a lot easier.) Thanks!

@Russ, to be honest, once I did a test upgrade last night, I didn't notice any difference in my layout or colors! 👍👍 The only glaring difference was that, of course, the Article thread type would display nothing since those templates didn't exist in 2.1. Tonight's chore will be upgrading FA+. I am using the Zipped version, so it seems I upload the new FA+ on top of the existing FA+, and the Zipped child style over the existing one. (My edits are in child styles beneath the "master" Zipped child style.)

@Russ, to be honest, once I did a test upgrade last night, I didn't notice any difference in my layout or colors! 👍👍 The only glaring difference was that, of course, the Article thread type would display nothing since those templates didn't exist in 2.1. Tonight's chore will be upgrading FA+. I am using the Zipped version, so it seems I upload the new FA+ on top of the existing FA+, and the Zipped child style over the existing one. (My edits are in child styles beneath the "master" Zipped child style.)

Good to hear! Article templates will be fixed once you import the 2.2.1 version of the styles :).

Also, just as a heads up Zipped was shipped out as a "child style" so you could technically apply all your edits directly to that instead of having a child of it. Then when you upgrade, you'll only import and overwrite Flat Awesome, and not Zipped too.

Top Bottom