XF 1.0 File Upload and Image Placement Using Quick Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybody loves quick reply. Most forum software has implemented it in some form these days, but it tends to be lacking some functionality that means you often have to drag yourself back to the full editor page to achieve what you want, especially when it comes to attaching files to your messages.

XenForo allows you to upload files and place uploaded images into your posts right from the quick reply box when you're viewing a thread, you can then submit your message and it will be added to the discussion instantly.

... without ever leaving the page or opening a separate browser window.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I suggest you view this video at full-size by clicking the full-screen gadget in the bottom-right of the video.

There's a few images posted above my post, by Brogan and s.molinari, all say "click this image to show the full-size version", but when I click, nothing happens (Using latest firefox and site is on my white/green list for Adblock plus)

testing...

bakemonogatari-05-senjougahara-sunset.webp
sdfgsfgd
bakemonogatari-05-senjougahara-sunset.webp

awesome feature, so comfortable to use

Great indeed! reminds me of dpreview forums also, I'd suggest that the picture would enlarge centered and not to the right as in most cases it would have more chances to be visible on the screen

LOL! It was certainly nice to be able to hear the voice of the person you basically only 'know' by electronic words.

Heh. Grover's gone fully positive in his sig! Amazing testament to the power of Xen :). Not that I blame him... When I saw his original sig I had the immediate response in my head of the scene in "Life of Brian":

Reg: If you want to join the People's Front of Judea, you have to really hate the Romans.
Brian: I do!
Reg: Oh yeah, how much?
Brian: A lot!
Reg: Right, you're in.
:)

Brogan - when I hover over your big picture it says click to show full size version, but my screen is already quite big, already shows the entire picture, and does not get bigger when I click on the picture.

Heh. Grover's gone fully positive in his sig! Amazing testament to the power of Xen :). Not that I blame him...

Ah. Amazing that someone notices it! :cool:. In fact, this big ;) decision was triggered by Kier:

I posted this: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...nternet-brands.1561/ and saw that Kier closed it. I thought his reaction was very professional and I came to the conclusion that XenForo Staff would rather not see discussions/speculations about vBulletin employees leaving and stuff like that. Maybe to prevent threads that have the potential to become vBulletin bashings (which was certainly not my intention... or was it on a certain level? (trying to be honest to myself here)). Anyway... I realized that I am still having upset feelings about the takeover of vBulletin and that this shows in a fair amount of my postings over here at XenForo's. Understandable, but maybe it's time to let it go now... it's serves no real purpose for anybody, does it?

So, a few days ago I changed my sig from 'How much do you hate (certain company name)' into: 'How much do you hate (certain company name)? How much do you love XenForo?' (including the strikes) and today I spread further love by changing it into: 'How much do you love xenForo?' .

You see my growing pattern? I am proud of myself :D.

(how much do you guys and girls charge for this therapy session?) <------ !

Awesome. :)
Only two things to make it perfect:
1- The ability to select/upload multiple images at once.
2- The ability to hide the post-bottom thumbnail.

1. You will need a Flash utility for that. Pretty sure Kier&Mike will do something about it, at a later stage.
2. From Kier's previous post, they are working on something. :)

Edit: It looks they implemented no. 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom