1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest File Health Check - can we see the unnecessary files too?

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Romchik®, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Romchik®

Romchik® Well-Known Member

From this thread.

File Health Check - cool feature!

But I would like to see the files that are in unnecessary in XenForo folder.

For example, so I can delete old files that are no longer used in XenForo.
    Or files that I accidentally uploaded to the forum.
    Or files that an hacker could upload.

Kevin X Dragon and ragtek like this.
  2. ragtek

ragtek Guest

+1 for this, but only if all add-ons use the file health check (or the deprecated check would ignore them).
    If they don't use it, this could be dangerous, because the file health check would show all add-on files without file health check and john doe users would probably delete them... :/

Dan likes this.
  3. I would love to see something like this because I sometimes upload unneeded files or upload more than 1 copy of file.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you have no add-ons installed, you can delete everything except:
    .htaccess
    /library/config.php
    /data
    /internal_data

Then upload the upgrade package again.

Everything except attachments and avatars is stored in the database.

AndyB likes this.
  5. Unfortunately I do have add-ons installed, but I have deleted the unneeded files manually some time ago. I do not have problem manually finding and deleting the files, but it would be nice if they were automatically found and give me the option to delete them.

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Even with add-ons installed you can simply upload those files once more.

I think too much is being expected of what is after all a simple file checker.

As Ragtek posted above, if add-on authors don't use it and it flags those files as unneeded, then it's going to cause more problems than it solves.