Lack of interest File Health Check - can we see the unnecessary files too?

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Romchik®

From this thread.

File Health Check - cool feature!

But I would like to see the files that are in unnecessary in XenForo folder.

For example, so I can delete old files that are no longer used in XenForo.
Or files that I accidentally uploaded to the forum.
Or files that an hacker could upload.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
+1 for this, but only if all add-ons use the file health check (or the deprecated check would ignore them).
If they don't use it, this could be dangerous, because the file health check would show all add-on files without file health check and john doe users would probably delete them... :/

I would love to see something like this because I sometimes upload unneeded files or upload more than 1 copy of file.
If you have no add-ons installed, you can delete everything except:
.htaccess
/library/config.php
/data
/internal_data

Then upload the upgrade package again.

Everything except attachments and avatars is stored in the database.

Unfortunately I do have add-ons installed, but I have deleted the unneeded files manually some time ago. I do not have problem manually finding and deleting the files, but it would be nice if they were automatically found and give me the option to delete them.

Even with add-ons installed you can simply upload those files once more.

I think too much is being expected of what is after all a simple file checker.

As Ragtek posted above, if add-on authors don't use it and it flags those files as unneeded, then it's going to cause more problems than it solves.

Top Bottom