File Health Check: Cool new Feature in 1.0.3

Cool idea. I guess it works on MD5 checksums ? (No details are provided). or checking versions in .xml files ?
It is a super cool feature for addon authors to be able to do File Health Checks too.

I certainly think this very useful and practical tool is an example of Xenforo looking out for
webmasters wanting a great forum which is easy administrate.
I was also pleasantly surprised because I thought that nothing new will.
Minus one more option, which I missed from vBulletin (y)

I am only one so far is not enough that the system does not say about others files, which do not belong to XF.

Only one bad so far, that system does not say about others files, which do not belong to XF.
It does if the add-on authors make use of it.
Of course, being XenForo, the File Health Check system provides a code event to allow add-on authors to add their own code into the health check so that they too can benefit from knowing that all their files have been successfully uploaded.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-1-0-3.17652/#post-230173

All files (minus the xenforo.js bug fix) reported back ok =D all good.

It's not necessary to delete it.
Just it little bit contrary to concept. You do not want to show the version to someone else :)
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/version-number.1507/page-3#post-21267

And delete the folder is easier than to add or .htacsess or .htpswd.
It does if the add-on authors make use of it.
I meant not so.
For example, so I can delete old files that are no longer used in XenForo.
Or files that I accidentally uploaded to the forum.
Or files that an hacker could upload.

Believing that bots and hackers look at the version number in files to determine which unique id the script runs, is based on ignorance.

They compare hashed files specific to the release. As one example. Just wanted to share that.

Anyway, if you specifically delete install/ and it reports on this directory (haven't checked or looked into this) then it's a response from the system you can expect, and you can know to overlook. So that's not a problem.

If the file health checker expects this directory and you have deleted it, then you know in order to use the feature you will have to rethink deleting the directory.

omg
didn't know that i have soo many files :(
i should stop coding:D

Attachments

• omg01.webp
    omg01.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Bob
Yes, i've coded some add-ons
badteeth.gif

LOL! Is that for realz Ragtek? :ROFLMAO: or did you get photoshop happy?
you don't need photoshop for this (just edit the sourcecode^^ ) but it's sadly real^^

I think it's time for me to get a real life:D

(Just to clarify: many files are very similar, i have many similar add-ons (different versions, add-on copies for tests, customized add-ons,...)

ragtek, we might need to talk about xenfans mods being shared through your site, etc.. poke me next week when we both have time? (certainly no rush). Seeing you got 4k of stuff there, might as well add 3 more files.

Top Bottom