Lack of interest Add "Whitlisting" for File health check, for self changed Files

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Masetrix

A whitelist for entries in the file health check to avoid this:

1564213382915.webp

and so on.....

Reason:
I additionally compress the graphics on the server, as well as the graphics of Xenforo.
Then the "File health check" shows many "Falsepositves".

Also, I have to change the source code for many an addon which shows many "false positives" in the "File health check".
In principle, that's a good thing, but you do not recognize in the multitude of "false positives" anymore if an unwanted change to other checked files actually takes place.
A whitelist for yourself and wanted changed files could help here.

Upvote 3
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
There is.

Users who manage to sucessfully modify hashes.json for a new hash most likely pretty much know what they are doing - users who just click an icon don't ;)

I don't like this suggestion and I therefore think it's a bad idea to offer an Add-on that does implement this.
Every virus scanner has a file whitelist function. The user should have control over this, and the fact all virus scanners do this supports this position..

Top Bottom