Features I don't like in xenForo

I don't like my avatar to show beside the reply box at the bottom of a page. I keep thinking that it's another post or the thread is finished.

If it's kept, then at least move the pagination links above the replybox.

Oh, and I should have had as the first post the following.....

Great job guys! Way cool work you have done! Thanks and I'll be a customer as soon as you want my ever dwindling dollars. However, here are a few things that I don't like........

Agreed the avatar beside the new post box isn't great for usability.

Makes me thing I've posted already. Suppose it does save time for members but your average forum admin would probably want some posts.

I think the main thing is there needs to be a bigger/bolder way of seeing there are more pages to a thread... many times I thought I was at the last post when there were still pages left to go. If that means moving the page navigation above the quick reply or merely making it more noticeable I'm not sure.

I also agree that pagenav needs to move above the quick reply. If I am not interested in replying, I still must focus on the quick reply and scroll past it to see if there are more pages.

Wants to be above the quick reply doesn't it. It's common for people to reply to a thread not realising they are not on the last page, so it's not good to let them reply before they realise.

Could also be an idea to show how many posts are in a thread without needing to mouse over. Makes things look less clean but it's another clue.

I don't like my avatar to show beside the reply box at the bottom of a page. I keep thinking that it's another post or the thread is finished.

If it's kept, then at least move the pagination links above the replybox.

Perhaps at first glance it might be confusing, but it's only just the avatar (not the username or user ranking) and the editor on the right really kind of tells you it's not a reply.

It's just something to get used to, and if you really don't like it, you can change it in the templates I'm sure. This isn't your old forum software any more. ;)

I like this feature a lot actually. It makes it much easier to quote, while being as intuitive as ever. Good job guys, also glad to see you're keeping members' preference in mind! Great support, and not even an official support team yet! XD

Multiquoting the above posts just to test:
Yes, I agree with the pagination above the quick reply editor. It has happened to me twice, that I didn't continue to read on and answered directly without a quote, only to have my answer end up two pages later in the conversation, making little sense.

Also talking about quick reply, having the quick reply editor pop-up under the post you are answering with the "Reply" link is something I like in vB and miss here.

Hmm.. am I helping the competition too much here????:D

Scott

There is a conversations feature instead it is MUCH better than any PM system I have ever seen and allows multiple people per conversation... basically like private threads, really really nice :D

So no need to multiple quotes on there :)

Edit: Maybe also have the avatar next to post on the right, instead of the left? :D

I like the avatar next to the reply box but page nav should be above it.

I can't decide if I like the vb3 multi-quote method better then the xenforo method. Here it requires more finger work to get the quotes you want to reply to but then again, that might simplify things. I'm trying to think from a member's point of view and not an admin.

Top Bottom