Features I don't like in xenForo

I don't like my avatar to show beside the reply box at the bottom of a page. I keep thinking that it's another post or the thread is finished.

If it's kept, then at least move the pagination links above the replybox.

Having the page nav between the posts and the editor ruins that intended appearance, unfortunately.
I can see your point, but I think it works better with quick reply below page nav. It says that my potential message is waiting to be promoted up to the thread. And then when I post it I get to see it slip into place.

I don't (!!!) like the bad facebook implementation on the thread pages. It ruins the Like system here.

#1 "xenforo Like" this thread
#2 If I liked it, then I see the facebook like it. But not before!

How come, the facebook like likes the whole thread, the xenforo like likes individual posts, or have I misunderstood what you're saying?

How come, the facebook like likes the whole thread, the xenforo like likes individual posts, or have I misunderstood what you're saying?
We have no control over the facebook like. It's only controlled by the url of the page. If you want to like individual posts via the facebook like you would have to make something like the showpost thing where only one post shows. The built in xenforo like can like individual content because it's built into the product and has access to the id's of individual content.

1)
I do not like clicking on "Watched Threads" and all what I do see are "Unread Watched Threads".
I want to see the full list of my watched threads, and then being able to filter between "read" and "unread".

I think that would make it much simpler for a user to get a better overview of all his watched threads.

I know there is a link at the bottom saying "Show all watched threads", but when I click onto a link which is named "Watched Threads", I am not expecting to only see my watched threads which are unread. This is not logically to me.

2)
when I start a completely new Thread, then I go to the page "What´s new", why do I not see my own Thread in that list ? I always click on "What´s new" after I have created a new thread in order to see my thread in that list, but it is just not listed at the "What´s new" page. This is strange to me.

1) currently it's like vb. You are shown threads which have new posts which you have not read. You can click show All at any time.

2) because if you created a thread then that content is not "new" to you.

It seems you do not like filters out content you've already read? A unique request indeed...

I do not like the facebook-integration at all
Facebook, wer-kennt-wen (a german social network) etc. stole away traffic and interest from a lot of bulletin boards i used to read and post in. So it has a kind of a suicide-feeling to me to have Facebook-integration.

And the smilies are not so pretty. But i´m used to exchane them as one of the first acts when starting a new board. ;)

That's probably the first thing im going to change when i get my hands on this, put the page nav below the editor. I won't suggest you change it just for me thought. Im not that selfish :p
Actually, the suggestion to move the pagenation came from my humble self.:eek:

The problem is, if you don't see the page nav and answer a post directly, not seeing there are more answers/ pages because the pagenation is out of view (below the editor), then you end up possibly answering the thread at a point much later (a couple of pages) and your answer makes no sense what so ever to the conversation. This happened to me a couple of times and other users too. So Kier changed it.:) I think it is much more intuitive now.

This is XenForo and not Facebook.;) I hope XenForo doesn't copy Facebook in too many ways, but goes its own proud way.

The problem is, if you don't see the page nav and answer a post directly, not seeing there are more answers/ pages because the pagenation is out of view (below the editor), then you end up possibly answering the thread at a point much later (a couple of pages) and your answer makes no sense what so ever to the conversation. This happened to me a couple of times and other users too. So Kier changed it.:) I think it is much more intuitive now.

Yeah, it was changed for the better, IMO. I would also frequently reply in the middle of a thread, not noticing there were 2 or more additional pages. :)

Yeah, it was changed for the better, IMO. I would also frequently reply in the middle of a thread, not noticing there were 2 or more additional pages. :)

but now it is good, having the page-nav above the editor. This is fine to me now.
maybe just the horizontal on top of the editor needs to be made in another color, but this is just trivial.

The xenforo database does not track, which threads are liked most by using the facebook like system.

Why not use facebook online discussion tool box instead of the xenforo forum system? You get the idea :)

It was something Kier mentioned a few days ago.

He had something planned but had to scrap it once the page nav was moved above the quick reply editor
I'm guessing the content of the quick reply box would have faded into the actual post, so the transition between editing and the new post in the topic is seamless. Doesn't really work anymore because the nav would be between the last post and yours. :)

Top Bottom