Featured Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul, you know at some point you'll need to release a "1.0.0" version otherwise you'll end up with 'feature creep' causing it to be forever in development.

It's not far off really.

All that's left is to write the code for the template on the forum index and a few other bits related to removing entries from the table when a thread is deleted or moderated.

These badges are just fluff which won't take much time to finalise.

Probably not. But one option is that Brogan has a unique pricing structure in mind.

Anyone who has below 5,000 posts and a post to like ratio of less than 50% will have to pay around £90 for this add-on.

I think it's fair.

Probably not. But one option is that Brogan has a unique pricing structure in mind.

Anyone who has below 5,000 posts and a post to like ratio of less than 50% will have to pay around £90 for this add-on.

I think it's fair.

Christ don't say that he'll create multple accounts and start liking all his posts. I think we're at bursting point already with his post padding.

I think it's fair.

Chris, you can be Brogan's business manager for the add on. :D

Styling of the "Featured" badges is complete and there are separate Style Properties for each one.

upload_2013-11-24_2-12-30.webp

upload_2013-11-24_2-13-38.webp

upload_2013-11-24_2-15-53.webp

All that's left to do now is to pull the data for the template on the forum index and a few other bits and pieces and it's done.

Styling of the "Featured" badges is complete and there are separate Style Properties for each one.

View attachment 61774

View attachment 61775

View attachment 61776

All that's left to do now is to pull the data for the template on the forum index and a few other bits and pieces and it's done.

You need to develop add-ons more often. A nice bunch of style properties that will give people alot of options to customise this to bits. I'll say it again, exceptional work Brogan.

Ps. Perhaps now you should change your usertitle here from moderator to developer? :D

I considered that but then the sticky/lock icons wouldn't be in the same place for featured and non featured threads.

I considered that but then the sticky/lock icons wouldn't be in the same place for featured and non featured threads.

Oh right. I thought when you meant badge you were going to use an icon of some sort in forum_view and the featured text tag was a placeholder.

Ah yeah, I understand that. :)

I'm just thinking though that I think it would look better with an icon (which I'm sure is going to be easy to to do) since it's

1. going to take up less space
  2. Offer up a little more consistency next to the other icons.
I'm not saying that is terribly inconsistent but my thought is that it's using up a lot of space and could be an issue in responsive or fixed width styles where things look cramped. OKay, you can tell me where to go :D I was thinking of a medal icons so when released, I may give a design I haven't managed to find a use for yet and try them out.

What are your thoughts on that? You think star medal icons would look odd in forum_view being associated with featured threads. Icons I had in mind are these. (screenshot below)

PS. And yes, I'm already planning for this fine add-on. :P

Medals-showcase-preview.webp

I'm not a fan of using icons as it's impossible to pick a single icon which works will with every style (I had to edit all of the XenForo icons for my site for example as blue and green don't work well together).
Not to mention me and graphics just don't work, so for that reason I'm keeping it simple and in line with the current implementation in the RM.

It will be easy enough to change though for anyone who does want to use an icon; they can either edit the phrase and add the image HTML there or add it in the SP's/EXTRA.css.

Understandable. I'll change it via extra and add an icon to the xenforo-ui-sprite.png. I'm more curious how the icon will look but more so to save the space.

What I have just done is added a "Featured" title so it shows on hover, in line with the sticky and lock icons, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom