Featured Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
You actually made something incorrect, though. :p

Stop trying to kill my joke. :p

On-topic: Really looking forward to this and think this will be perfect for the resources that haven't been moved to the RM and tutorials and tips I've posted.

I was hoping to get it out this weekend but stupid Xmas shopping, cleaning and putting up an Xmas tree put paid to that!

@Brogan - Just curious. I have the showcase items showing on the forum index and wondering if you had the chance to test this along side that add-on? I would really want featured threads to display below it not above it so wondering if you've had a chance to test this (no reason why you would have) but thought I'd ask.

Referring to the item container below.

Screenshot_36.webp

Unfortunately I don't have/use that add-on so I can't test.

I'm just using a template modification with an execution order of 10 to add my template to the forum_list template:
Code:
<find></xen:include></xen:container></find>
<replace>$0
<xen:include template="cta_featuredthreads_forum_list" /></replace>

No worries Brogan I'll chance it and hope for the best that it displays under. @Bob B from brogans execution order would the showcaseitemcontainer show above or below? thanks :)

Showcase uses the forum_list_nodes HOOK location which is 1 line below where Paul is inserting his block, so changing the execution order would not help as Pauls would still be above.

You could (in theory) modify Pauls template modification to find <xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes"> and then adjust the execution order.

I may or may not adjust SC to use the same replacement as Paul is using, it depends on what the majority of developers are going to use as a standard for that area... It only makes sense to go with the majority as that is whats best for the community :)

As the hook system has been deprecated, I decided to go with a template modification.

For that reason my add-on only works with XenForo versions 1.2.0 and later.
Anyone trying to install it in 1.1.x will receive an error message and it won't install.

Showcase uses the forum_list_nodes HOOK location which is 1 line below where Paul is inserting his block, so changing the execution order would not help as Pauls would still be above.

You could (in theory) modify Pauls template modification to find <xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes"> and then adjust the execution order.

I may or may not adjust SC to use the same replacement as Paul is using, it depends on what the majority of developers are going to use as a standard for that area... It only makes sense to go with the majority as that is whats best for the community :)

Thanks for the info Bob and totally understand. :) I'm no developer so just that I understand. The hook location is being used primarily for the people still using anything prior to 1.2 (before the TM was added)?

The hook location is being used primarily for the people still using anything prior to 1.2 (before the TM was added)?

Yes, however the new version of SC uses a TM (Template Modification), I just use a different "find" than Paul (which I may or may not change). You can easily change either Pauls or mine to use the same FIND tho :)

We all know your vote doesn't count, Paul! Although, @Bob B, it may be beneficial to change due to the possibility of hooks disappearing and your find code not existing. (y)

Finished! :D

Just doing some final testing to make sure everything's working as expected.
Assuming I don't find any bugs, I'll then set all the options and perms before exporting for the last time.

I've said it already but without @Chris Deeming I would never have got this done.
So many thanks Chris, I owe you one (well, more like one hundred!) :)

Finished! :D

Just doing some final testing to make sure everything's working as expected.
Assuming I don't find any bugs, I'll then set all the options and perms before exporting for the last time.

I've said it already but without @Chris Deeming I would never have got this done.
So many thanks Chris, I owe you one (well, more like one hundred!) :)

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :LOL: Congrats @Brogan.

Don't you dare go to bed before you post this or rather make it available for us to purchase. :LOL:

Sorry @Shelley, I just saved two queries after I noticed something during my testing so it's not going to be tonight.

Going to do some more testing and optimising and all being well it will be available tomorrow.

Sorry @Shelley, I just saved two queries after I noticed something during my testing so it's not going to be tonight.

Going to do some more testing and optimising and all being well it will be available tomorrow.

In your own time I'm just teasing you about making it available tonight. :) So, I'm thinking... "Developer Brogan" sounds good to you? (y) :D *ventures off to design smiley sign*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom