Featured Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently struggling with the datawriter stuff (and another bloody virus!).

As I said to Chris yesterday, it's like an annoying jigsaw without the pieces.
Only not quite as politely :D

Would it be possible to add a random rotation capability from a specific board? That way threads from a particular board could be featured randomly, ideally with a specified rotation interval.

I've actually got that working now.
Well, the values are being saved to the database, I haven't got around to doing the logic for the template yet.

Slight tweak on the layout too to make it identical to default functionality.

upload_2013-11-19_16-25-1.webp

upload_2013-11-19_16-25-30.webp

Finally got the delete function working too, with a lot of help - I think @Chris Deeming has less hair left than I do now :D

That actually came from Chris - I was originally using it to test the function to remove empty attach and img tags.

Now it's just there to spur me on :D

Woohoo!

I have finally cracked the permission matrix regarding feature own or all and whether the thread is visible, already featured, etc.

I had the thread tools working days ago but this was to actually disable the direct routes for those people who like to try and deliberately break stuff (you know who you are).

I promised myself if I didn't get it working by today I would shelve the project, so just made it with 40 minutes to spare :D

Not yet... ;)

Edit: To add, that was already on my To Do list, along with doing something in forum view.

Last edited:
Not yet... ;)

Edit: To add, that was already on my To Do list, along with doing something in forum view.

Ah good, that is what I wanted to ask plus the forum_view but you got there first. Good good just what I like to hear and thought I'd ask anyway before suggesting some really whacky suggestions but you seem to have that all under control.

The styling isn't finished, I just threw some placeholder css in the template for testing, but this is where I'm planning to place the badges in the thread list:
upload_2013-11-23_19-26-48.webp

And the thread view:
upload_2013-11-23_19-27-26.webp

There will more than likely be separate style properties for each, so people can style them as they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom