1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FB Connect stopped working

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Banana Pup, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Banana Pup

Banana Pup Well-Known Member

Suddenly this moring FB connect stopped working..

ErrorException: mkdir() [<a href='function.mkdir'>function.mkdir</a>]: Permission denied - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:66
    Generated By: Unknown Account, 5 minutes ago

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'mkdir() [<a hre...', '/home/forums/...', 66, Array)
    #1 /home/forums/public_html/library/XenForo/Helper/File.php(66): mkdir('/home/forums/...')
    #2 /home/forums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(335): XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory('/home/forums/...', true#3 /home/forums/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(206): XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar(3, 'l', '/tmp/xfi7ZXgg')
    #4 /home/forums/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Register.php(618): XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar(3, '/tmp/xfi7ZXgg')
    #5 /home/forums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Register->actionFacebookRegister()
    #6 /home/forums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #7 /home/forums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #8 {main}

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That looks as though it's trying to create a directory on your server and failing.

Is your data and internal_data folders properly chmodded to 0777?

3. Banana Pup

That is odd, that was indeed the issue. With Cyber Duck though I couldn't just now even get the folders to stay 0777, soon as I'd refresh they'd revert back to 0755. I had to SSH as root user to get the premissions to stay 0777

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

I've found some odd behaviour with CyberDuck recently. I've gone back to using FileZilla.

5. Banana Pup

Yeah, I only started using CyberDuck recently. It's the only FTP client that works on my Mac for uploading to my CDN at Rackspace. I hadn't heard of it until getting the CDN.

6. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Sorry to bring up a dead topic but I'm getting the same error after moving servers but I changed both data and internal)Data back to 777 to no avail.

Code:
    rrorException: mkdir(): Permission denied - library/XenForo/Helper/File.php:68

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', '/var/www/castle...', 68, Array)
    #1 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/Helper/File.php(68): mkdir('/var/www/domain...')
    #2 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(335): XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory('/var/www/domain...', true)
    #3 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(206): XenForo_Model_Avatar->_writeAvatar(21001, 'l', '/var/www/castle...')
    #4 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/Model/Avatar.php(69): XenForo_Model_Avatar->applyAvatar(21001, '/tmp/phpyzhIR0', 3, 237, 200, Array)
    #5 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Account.php(548): XenForo_Model_Avatar->uploadAvatar(Object(XenForo_Upload), 21001, Array)
    #6 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account->actionAvatarUpload()
    #7 /var/www/domain.com/root/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
    #8 /var/www/domain.com/root/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
    #9 {main}

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You need to change all of the child directories and all of the child files to 0777 as well.

intradox likes this.