1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Connect stopped working on all XenForo's

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Rodrigo Farcas, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Rodrigo Farcas

Rodrigo Farcas Active Member

It gives timeouts, nothing happens, on my 2 XF forums and on this forum at xenforo.com
    Maybe a FB change in methods or policies?

Other forums softwares using FB connect is still working fine.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I'm not a facebooker so I can't test this. But I will bring this to the attention of the guys.
  3. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Works fine for me on my site and on here.
  4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Works fine on my site too.

If it's your own forums it's stopped working on then perhaps you have done something wrong in the setup. But yeah, there is no widespread issue.
  5. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Mine stopped a while ago, though user can connect with their facebook account:

6. Chris D

That's what we're talking about, connecting the Facebook account.

But that could be easily fixed, I think. Is it your "Like" button generating that error?
  7. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Yeap, like button doesn't appear unfortunately instead a red "Error" text.
  8. Chris D

I assumed the part in red was missing (from the share_page template), but if I remove it I can't replicate the problem:

<fb:like href="{$url}" show_faces="true" width="500" action="{$xenOptions.facebookLikeAction}" font="trebuchet ms" colorscheme="@fbColorScheme"></fb:like>
    Basically @fbColorScheme is a style property and it should be set to either Light or Dark. I assumed it was missing which is why you have that error, but if I remove it from my test board it still works fine.