Faster method for translating?

Lucas

Hi,

I've started translating XF to spanish, my little concern is that going phrase by phrase needing to actually load a page just to do one phrase, is quiet numbing. Is there a way to just get a complete list one can go through and work on it at once?

I've tried exporting the english pack to see if I could edit it all as an XML, but that is not available. It's blank, only edited languages actually show phrases on the XML files.

I would like to be able to export a "complete" language, though you really would have to translate 100% of it, otherwise you're going to see phrases that are "edited" but not really.

Could we work on having a better way of editing phrases though? Maybe after editing one, continue automatically to the next one? Or even return at least to the point where the next phrase you should edit is, instead of having to go through the pages again to work to then next phrase?

Thanks!

Edit: i just realized that inside the ./install/data directory there is the file with all the phrases, that is what can be used to translate faster.
However, if i don't remember bad, kier or mike said that they was to come up with a new and really fast way to translate.
What happend? Are you still going in this direction (and you will release the tool soon) or the crow sourced translation took the place?

Top Bottom