FAQ Manager by Iversia

FAQ Manager by Iversia 3.2.0

No permission to download
Without any XenForo log error, or access to your server logs - I've really no idea. I haven't been able to replicate this behaviour on any of my servers. Maybe try getting your server logs to find out what the error actually pertains to?
XenForo log error doesn't show anything.

Only cPanel shows "Premature end of script headers: index.php" as the error. Bluehost doesn't help too much, they only say that the error is this one and they don't help to give me more details.

Ahh. Did you upgrade? Looks like you're including the JavaScript twice on the FAQ index page, which is causing it to jump.

HTML:
<script src="js/iversia/faq/jquery.faq.js?_v=0a0fe78d"></script>
    <script src="/js/iversia/faq/jquery.faq.js?_v=0a0fe78d"></script>

Search your templates and remove "<xen:require js="/js/iversia/faq/jquery.faq.js" />" (the one with the beginning slash). That'll fix it.
Yep, I had upgraded to 2.0.2. But thanks! That fixed it!

I finally got this fixed!! @Iversia the script below was changed to:
Code:
<?php

class Iversia_FAQ_ViewPublic_Permalink extends XenForo_ViewPublic_Base
{
    public function renderHtml()
    {
        $bbCodeParser = new XenForo_BbCode_Parser(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', array('view' => $this)));
        $bbCodeOptions = array(
            'states' => array(
                'viewAttachments' => false
            )
        );
                $tree = new XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper($this->_params['question']['answer'], $bbCodeParser);
        $this->_params['question']['answer'] = $tree->__toString();
    }
}

and this should be the fix for these back to back 500 Server Errors I was getting. I give much appreciation to the person that helped me. :)

I finally got this fixed!!
Glad you were able to get it fixed! :) Although I'm not entirely sure why converting it all to a string from an object would have fixed it, unless perhaps there was some corrupt data in the answer text, or some strange encoding. So I'm still not entirely sure what could have caused it... so unless multiple people end up having the same issue, it's not really something that I can add to the core code.

In other news, I'll be implementing search functionality to this add-on shortly.

Hi @Iversia is this compatible with XF 1.2? Linking the faq answer with the bb code gives the following :
FAQ: The question was not found.

can i get the org help pages from XF in the FAQ manager? so that i have just one FAQ?

and a second question. If i hide the navtab form the FAQ, i cant add categorys. Then i have to show the navtab and then i can add category's. (edit: Now i can... Didnt see it :sleep:;))

Solved..

Last edited:
can i get the org help pages from XF in the FAQ manager? so that i have just one FAQ?
You would have to manually edit your help templates and import them into the FAQ manager to consolidate both help sections and the FAQ. So no, it is not an easy task.

Not Responsive?
The 2.0.2+ version of this add-on is completely CSS responsive. The current demo is not the latest version of this add-on, as that forum has yet to be upgraded to 1.2.

I got this error:

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: answer - library/Iversia/FAQ/ViewPublic/Permalink.php:14
Generated By: test, pred 13 minutami

Stack Trace
#0 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/Iversia/FAQ/ViewPublic/Permalink.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/mladiuc/p...', 14, Array) #1 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Iversia_FAQ_ViewPublic_Permalink->renderHtml() #2 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Iversia_FAQ_Vie...', 'Html', Array, 'iversia_faq_que...') #3 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(249): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Iversia_FAQ_Vie...', Array, 'iversia_faq_que...', NULL) #4 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(64): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderSubView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)) #5 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Iversia_FAQ_Vie...', Array, 'faq_wrapper', Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)) #6 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array) #7 /home/name/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #8 {main}

Request State
array(3) { ["url"] => string(40) "http://fmy_site/faq/test.1/" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Why shouldn't I modify the template?

And the copyright with a link to your site is there! Just a little bit changed to look better on my site. I don't understand why is this so wrong. Nobkdy told me something like that before...

I got this error:

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: answer - library/Iversia/FAQ/ViewPublic/Permalink.php:14
Generated By: test, pred 13 minutami

Stack Trace
#0 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/Iversia/FAQ/ViewPublic/Permalink.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/mladiuc/p...', 14, Array) #1 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): Iversia_FAQ_ViewPublic_Permalink->renderHtml() #2 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('Iversia_FAQ_Vie...', 'Html', Array, 'iversia_faq_que...') #3 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(249): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Iversia_FAQ_Vie...', Array, 'iversia_faq_que...', NULL) #4 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(64): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderSubView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)) #5 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('Iversia_FAQ_Vie...', Array, 'faq_wrapper', Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View)) #6 /home/name/public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array) #7 /home/name/public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run() #8 {main}

Request State
array(3) { ["url"] => string(40) "http://fmy_site/faq/test.1/" ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }
I've done some testing with this add-on at my localhost and I get the same error. It looks like this error is generated when someone is trying to access an unknown answer. For example, if you have only one FAQ with 10 answers in it, with a url:
http://www.domain.com/faq/1/

and a person is trying to access:
http://www.domain.com/faq/20/
(since there are 10 answers, answer 20 should through off soft 404, but it doesn't)

It will generate this error since answer 20 doesn't exists.
@Iversia
Can you reproduce it?

Thanks.

I'm not using it any more because of such an ignorance from developer! Got same error, first one to report it ([Iversia] FAQ Manager) and got ignored.

Anyway, enjoy this add-on and please be more polite, dear developer.

Regards.

Top Bottom