Resource icon

Extra Portal 1.2.4

No permission to download
Feature Request: Can you please accept Media/Video Embedded as Thumbnail on Portal?
That will also play automatically without visiting the thread, Thanks!

Hi, thank you for this great addon :)

I have a couple of questions, sorry if they have been answered allready:

1) There is a gap between the top breadcrumb and the first post on the portal page, how do I remove it? Screenshot:
View attachment 75107

2) On my phone the attached image pushes the text down. Any way to fix this? It looks good in horizontal view, but not vertical view:
View attachment 75108 View attachment 75109

3) The widgets. I use [bd] Widgets, what should I put in the "Position" field to get the widgets to show up on the ExtraPortal page?

4) What template do I have to change to remove the "Comments:" and "Views:" text (I want to use fontawesome instead)?
View attachment 75110

EDIT: Nvm question 4, I figured it out :) el_portal_item_bit.
Nobody? :(

Hello,
I'd like to propose a feature. Would it be possible to implement adding articles from the home page (e.g. AvForums)? I'm surprised that there's still no addon that allows you to have a website separated from your forum and that the new version of XenPorta wants to continue with the tradition of putting articles in the threads node.
I think that putting the articles in the threads node is heavy limiting:
1) The site area is not really separated from the forum, but rather a simple
article area in your forum. This is absolutely not a viable solution for
serious forums that want to present a professional image to their users and sponsors.

2) Clearly, having a website and a blog gives you more possibilities as to
where to put your ads (In forums, having an AdSense block in the middle of a post is considered invasive, while it's quite usual in a blog.)

3) Having a running website allows you to attract more sponsors and come across as a more professional community.

An approach that I really like is creating a forum thread for each article. Then, when a user replies, the reply becomes a comment to the article. The famous AVForums is a good example. Here you can find an AVForums article
(the comments are at the bottom), and here's the related thread.
Having the website/forum integration has many advantages:
- It increases the visits to the article itself, giving your website more visibility.
- It increases enormously the number of comments since they can be left on the forum. Site articles on small forums are usually ignored by the users and don't have many comments. But i know lot of small forums with CMS and the same comment system than Avforums have a high number of comments. This is quite useful: users who visit a website will be more likely to sign up if they see a high level of activity on the articles.
Using this system, small websites can get tens of comments per articles, while common blogs, even the most famous ones, have a quite low average number of comments. That's why I suggest the integration between the website and the forum.

Someone can think that this integration can create duplicate content, but is very simple with robots.txt to avoid indexing of article comments.

I find Extraportal much superior because of its support for the Widget Framework and the better support from the coders. I think that this feature would attract many users to XenPorta.

p.s. I'm aivable to fund this feature. :)

No official reply for this? :-)

So - I have [bd]Widgets installed. What shall I write as position/location to get the widgets to show on the Extra Portal page?

el_portal_index

EDIT: to find any page's template name look at page source and search for div id="content" then see the class, which is the name of the location you need

<div id="content" class="el_portal_index">

Hello. I like this addon a lot, but I need some help to make a change in the el_portal_item_bit template. Instead of "Comments:" and "Views:" I want the tags that the thread is tagged with. I use XenTag by Tinhte. Any ideas what I should put i the template?

Reactions: rdn
The link "Continue reading" is phrased? I can't find it in the phrases...if not, how i can fin/translate it?

The link "Continue reading" is phrased? I can't find it in the phrases...if not, how i can fin/translate it?
This:
Code:
<phrase title="el_portal_read_more" addon_id="SimplePortal" version_id="1020270" version_string="1.2.2"><![CDATA[Continue reading]]></phrase>

Reactions: Dan
Top Bottom