External Accounts Extended

External Accounts Extended 2018-03-02

No permission to download
I'm sorry my fix didn't work :(

dear silence
thanks for your reply.
i tried it, but now i just see the steam button.
are you sure that the content needs to replace at the find field?
You may have only seen the steam button because you didn't configure the addon just yet.

I just temporarely fixed it by adding the Steam Button in your "external_accounts_login" Template:
HTML:
<li><a href="register/steam?reg=1" class="steamLogin" tabindex="110"><span>Log in with Steam</span></a></li>
Let me know if I can help any further!

External Accounts Extended and also Steam Integration are correctly configured.
If not then i couldnt login trough Steam or Battlenet nor Facebook?
No the addon allows for displaying all providers, and in order to provide maximum control, I remove Facebook/Twitter/Google icons. They can be re-added through the Minimal List option.

No the addon allows for displaying all providers, and in order to provide maximum control, I remove Facebook/Twitter/Google icons. They can be re-added through the Minimal List option.

ok - But i've only activated Twitch and Battlenet. Then this would not affect my Problem?

I don't understand :(

Sorry for my bad English :(
I'll try again:
You told me that your Workaround should work, when i configure my Addon correctly because you just disabled Facebook, Twitter and Google.
Then i told you that this could not be the Problem because i only have configured Battlenet and Twitch.

Or did i missunderstand something?

You can check it here:
https://www.fightgenossen.ch

I just added the Template Workaround by adding the Steam Button manually (To get the Button at the top Login Slider).
Then i just added in extra.css .eeLogin > li { display: none; } to avoid the extra Button at URL /login/

Sorry for my bad English :(
I'll try again:
You told me that your Workaround should work, when i configure my Addon correctly because you just disabled Facebook, Twitter and Google.
Then i told you that this could not be the Problem because i only have configured Battlenet and Twitch.

Or did i missunderstand something?

You can check it here:
https://www.fightgenossen.ch

I just added the Template Workaround by adding the Steam Button manually (To get the Button at the top Login Slider).
Then i just added in extra.css .eeLogin > li { display: none; } to avoid the extra Button at URL /login/
Yeah you shouldn't need those CSS rules or to add the Steam button manually D:

The fix I applied is working just fine for me :(

What style are you using? Maybe I have to create a new template modification for such a style?
Also if you think it would be easier, you can PM me details to login and I can fix it there.

silence updated External Accounts Extended with a new update entry:

Update 2.9.8

- Fixed some API changes within various providers.

Note to developers that a new variable was added that handles the authorizing response code, in case the provider uses non-standard response types.

Also, if you just downloaded a package within ten minutes of this update, I have changed some stuff around as to include some fixes for UI.X and whatnot in this version. I am still debugging some template issues so PM me if you are having any!

Read the rest of this update entry...

How do you force email verification for APIs on this add-on that don't provide an email like facebook/google do? The built-in Twitter integration asks for email verification.

Question for the author: I am getting complaints from my users who want to login using Google. They are saying that it is asking for far too much personal information. How do I configure this to "ask for less" information?

it is asking for: "Know the list of people in your circles, your age range, and language Includes people in circles that are not public on your profile."

I don't need it to get all of that. I only need to have it get the user profile, and email. Can you help?

Question for the author: I am getting complaints from my users who want to login using Google. They are saying that it is asking for far too much personal information. How do I configure this to "ask for less" information?

it is asking for: "Know the list of people in your circles, your age range, and language Includes people in circles that are not public on your profile."

I don't need it to get all of that. I only need to have it get the user profile, and email. Can you help?
XenForo controls the Google, Twitter, and Facebook integration and what they ask for when authenticating. The services I include I make sure to ask the minimum amount of info required to function :)

XenForo controls the Google, Twitter, and Facebook integration and what they ask for when authenticating. The services I include I make sure to ask the minimum amount of info required to function :)

Thank-you so much for letting me know! Your support so far has been incredibly good. I really appreciate the plugin you created, and the support you provide. I will ask XenForo developers next about this.

Thanks-again,
Dan L
PS: if anyone wants to see the implementation: you can check it out here: http://dvforums.danlinstedt.com

Hi can u add Steam support ?
the SteamAddon i used seems to have some problems with at least my forum templates and only displays next to the register button not in the login drop down :(

Top Bottom