XF 1.3 EXIF Rotation, ACP Searching, Proxying and Change Logging

Here are a handful of new 1.3 features neatly packaged up into a single video for your viewing entertainment...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo

Update, Jan 15 - Case Sensitivity 101

There have been various questions about what case sensitive searching means in the video...

In a nutshell, without case sensitivity, searching for 'Foo' would return all results containing any combination of uppercase and lowercase letters spelling 'foo', such as 'foo', 'fOo', 'foO' and 'Foo'.

However, with case sensitivity enabled, searching for 'Foo' would only return results that contain exactly 'Foo', while other combinations of uppercase and lowercase letters would be ignored.

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed it... but really stoked on the ACP searching of templates. Searching via direct DB queries was such a pain in the ass. :)

Also just had an idea about the link proxy... since it has a logging system, I'm going to utilize it's logging system for the "fancier" link proxy I already use (it doesn't log the actual clicks currently). :)

It takes into account the uppercase and lowercase therefore, is that correct?
You've only now made me appreciate that people unfamiliar with the phrase 'case sensitive' might not intuitively understand what it means.
Yes, the search is sensitive to (cares about) the case (upper or lower case) of the letters used in the keyword(s). Hence case sensitive.
So a case sensitive search for Dog, dOg, DOg, dOG and DOG would all produce different results.

it was really nice

regarding the proxy feature

how the cache done exactly ?! is it saving it on temp folder for example or what ?!

and thanks again ^_^

and hope u add more and more feature for the template system to make it more easier for developer and normal user to modify their templates

Having access to the aim templates I'm the ACP- will that allow easier email template edits finally?
You already have access to admin templates in the Admin CP. 1.3 brings the ability to search for content within admin templates. It is nothing to do with email templates.

I am wondering how this will work with a true cookie less cdn

Site: sociallyuncensored.eu

config: cdn.sociallyuncensored.com/data
cdn.sociallyuncensored.com/internal_data

Last edited:
Top Bottom