XF 2.1 execute xf-addon:bump-version before or after coding for next update?

Earl

There are version string in _metadata.json files too. And they get increased too, right?
ie:
JSON:
    "confirmation_code_was_sent_to_x.txt": {
        "global_cache": false,
        "version_id": 1000010,
        "version_string": "1.0.0 Alpha",
        "hash": "1b21028722e08c00124e7738599e3e1e"
    },

A:
  • make first release (execute build)
  • execute xf-addon:bump-version and increase version_id for the next release
  • new class extentions
  • new tempalate mods
  • new phrases
  • etc
  • execute build

B:
  • make first release (execute build)
  • new class extentions
  • new tempalate mods
  • new phrases
  • etc
  • execute xf-addon:bump-version and increase version_id for the next release
  • execute build
what's the correct procedure of bumping the version ? A or B?

Me too.. ;)

I've created new phrases and then bump a new version. So all phrases related to the old version. That was the point i realized that i was wrong.

Me too.. ;)

I've created new phrases and then bump a new version. So all phrases related to the old version. That was the point i realized that i was wrong.
lol, I thought I was alone. Then again, I used to think that they will change when executing the bump-version command (or they will get corrected when executing the build-release). but it only changes the add-on.json file right?
anyway it's still safe to continue to keep releasing updates but use the method A over add-ons that have phrases with old version ID's I guess. hopefully nothing would break.

With bump-version you change the version in the .json file, but you should sync (or sync automatically, i don't know) the .json with the database.

If i understand these correctly (https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/development-tools/#bump-your-add-on-version), then after bumping the version was synced with the database and all changes are related to the new version. If you change the version manually in the addon.json, you have to sync-json so the changes are synced to the database. I hope i described it clearly with my poorly english.. 😁

With bump-version you change the version in the .json file, but you should sync (or sync automatically, i don't know) the .json with the database.

If i understand these correctly (https://xenforo.com/xf2-docs/dev/development-tools/#bump-your-add-on-version), then after bumping the version was synced with the database and all changes are related to the new version. If you change the version manually in the addon.json, you have to sync-json so the changes are synced to the database. I hope i described it clearly with my poorly english.. 😁
Okay, I understand 😊 Thank you(y)

Top Bottom