XF 2.1 xf-addon:bump-version behaves incorrectly

Riari

Hi,

I'm trying to use php cmd.php xf-addon:bump-version locally (with no options, just the addon ID) and instead of prompting for a version ID and string, it sets them to 0 and null respectively.

Console output:
Code:
The addon.json file was successfully written out to /application/src/addons/Hypixel/Core/addon.json
Add-on successfully updated to version  ().

The updated addon.json:

Code:
{
    "legacy_addon_id": "",
    "title": "Hypixel - Core",
    "description": "",
    "version_id": 0,
    "version_string": null,
    "dev": "",
    "dev_url": "",
    "faq_url": "",
    "support_url": "",
    "extra_urls": [],
    "require": [],
    "icon": ""
}

What could be causing this? I'm using Docker and executing the command via docker exec [container] php cmd.php xf-addon:bump-version [addon_id] if that's relevant. Also, manually editing addon.json and syncing it to the DB via the admin CP works, but obviously that is a bit cumbersome to do every time.

I'm using Docker and executing the command via docker exec [container] php cmd.php xf-addon:bump-version [addon_id] if that's relevant.
I don't believe docker exec is an interactive shell, so this behaviour is not a bug in that case.

You should be accessing your Docker installation like so: docker exec -it [container] bash, which will open bash on your container. Then, cd to the XF2 installation and run your commands as normal.

I don't believe docker exec is an interactive shell, so this behaviour is not a bug in that case.

You should be accessing your Docker installation like so: docker exec -it [container] bash, which will open bash on your container. Then, cd to the XF2 installation and run your commands as normal.
D'oh, you're right - I'm familiar with those flags having used them a ton before, but it simply didn't enter my head for this. Blaming lack of sleep. Thank you!

Top Bottom