Not planned English pack needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

trapped_soul

I can't believe that in today's society, we have every language aside from British English.

British English, UK English should be a primary language with anything else as a secondary choice.
Please add English as the primary and main language pack and then translations after this.
I have brought this up before but definitely felt resistance.
Many thanks! :)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Really? The platform it come in English language (international), like we are from all over the world... I don`t see why it "must" be the British English the primary one!
I am a native Romanian, living in UK... I`m happy with the international English!

Any one can argue which language should be primary for any number of reasons that they see fit. But honesty, everything is phrased and can be changed to any language, or text each admin desires.

Reactions: eL_
Really? The platform it come in English language (international), like we are from all over the world... I don`t see why it "must" be the British English the primary one!
Erm, we the British, literally invented this language. What is wrong in asking for a language pack in our language then making translation packs thereafter?
You say, we come from all over the world...
I ask you, what is the name of the language you speak?
Is it Spanish from Spain?
Is it German from Deutschland?
Is it Japanese from Japan?
Or Chinese from China?

No... you are typing and speaking English from where?
To make it easier for you:

I type and I speak "English from...{insert country}..."

So why is it so hard for me to ask for a language pack, literally in my countries language?

Any one can argue which language should be primary for any number of reasons that they see fit. But honesty, everything is phrased and can be changed to any language, or text each admin desires.
So you speak Chinese because you're from Japan?

Well... it`s a stupid demand the platform to come in British English... what`s wrong to set it up on your language from admincp?

I could see someone translating the phrases to someone's preferred English and offering it for admins to use, but to spend precious time changing the phrases in the core is just plain silly.

Well... it`s a stupid demand the platform to come in British English... what`s wrong to set it up on your language from admincp?
Why is it stupid? Do you accuse Romanians of being stupid if they request their own language?
I could see someone translating the phrases to someone's preferred English and offering it for admins to use, but to spend precious time changing the phrases in the core is just plain silly.
That's what I have to do which is why I am requesting an actual English pack. I have to constantly change it.
We have no plans to implement and maintain any secondary languages ourselves so the default language of the software and the only language we will use going forward is English (US).

You will either need to download a third party language pack if one exists or create your own.
Well that's a shame. Not offering a language pack is a shame.

US English is entirely comprehensible to UK residents. There is no sense in producing a UK phrase pack to satisfy the vanity of those who consider UK spellings and phrasing to be superior. Drawing parallels with requests for foreign languages like Romanian is total nonsense.

US English is entirely comprehensible to UK residents. There is no sense in producing a UK phrase pack to satisfy the vanity of those who consider UK spellings and phrasing to be superior. Drawing parallels with requests for foreign languages like Romanian is total nonsense.
So then it is fine to dismiss this? I will continue to edit them the way I do, but to accuse it of being total nonsense is terrible. You know, people in the UK do oft correct those who use US instead of English yes? There's nothing wrong at all, in wanting to support your nations language, nothing vain about it and it's not about superiority either. It's about being correct. Schools, professionals and bodies in this country, use correct grammar & English.
I cannot fathom why such a simple thing as an English language pack, can and has caused such controversy.
Guess it speaks volumes about the mindset of some.
We will have no choice then but to agree to disagree.

So then it is fine to dismiss this?
It is dismissed on the simple basis that we are only shipping, supporting and maintaining a single language going forward and that language is English (US). It doesn't matter whether the language being requested is English (UK), Spanish, French, or Klingon, suggestions for specific translations will be marked as "Not planned".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom