XF 1.3 Editor Toolbar, Spoiler BB Code and MultiQuote

Today, I'm going to show you a handful of changes in XenForo 1.3 that are all related to posting and editing messages.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View on Vimeo
  • Editor toolbar adjustments
  • [SPOILER] BB Code
  • MultiQuote

Looks great!

Quick odd question: Why are some of the codes in all caps (as 'SPOILER' was) and some in all lowercase (as 'quote' was)?

Is it possible add a [ plain ] button for BB code PLAIN? into...
32.webp

Salud2

Edit: I opened a new thread for this in http://xenforo.com/community/thread...into-new-toolbar-editor-of-xenforo-1-3.66984/

Last edited:
I do agree - that is a nice implementation of multiquote.
I particularly like the ability to drag and drop posts to rearrange their order. I hope this functionality will be used elsewhere, like in the node list.

Looking great!

And, as one of the resident sci-fi geeks, I love seeing all of the Star Wars references in the HYS videos. :D Bonus points to Kier for the TK421 reference. :LOL:

I do agree - that is a nice implementation of multiquote.
I particularly like the ability to drag and drop posts to rearrange their order. I hope this functionality will be used elsewhere, like in the node list.
It's not in the node list at this point, because (thus far) I haven't found a decent library to support HTML 5 drag and drop with nested lists - but I am constantly on the lookout!

What happens to spoilers inside quotes and nested quotes?

What happens to quotes inside spoilers?

What happens if you click to expand an image inside a spoiler inside an unexpanded quote? (especially where the unexpanded quote is below the minimum threshold to actually have an expand button)

All issues with most existing spoiler tags
I did make a quick tweak to fire an event to fix an issue with quotes here, but generally these seem to all work as I would expect.

There was one...

People were requesting the ability to fine tune the Image / Link proxy settings. Previously the settings were:

No Proxy.
Image Proxy.
Image and Link Proxy.

In the new video, they are now checkboxes so you can have any combination you like.

Is it possible to extend the fantastic quote system to allow quoting of partial postings too?

Many people don't want to quote the whole post, but rather a paragraph or only a single sentence. Currently they are forced to manually delete parts of the quote in the editor and that almost always results in broken quote codes and a bad UX.

It would be perfect if the user could delete the parts of the quoted posts she don't want directly in that overlay.

Multi-quoting...
As it was impossible to quote a small part of a large text, so it is not changed.
I mean, why not add a quoting of selected text?

And about the toolbar.
Smartphone users are more than an Desktop users?
I do not like that the some buttons now are hidden in a submenu. I rarely use a smartphone. Now, to insert the code I need to do one click more.

I understand everyone has their own tastes and you can not please everyone. Just a my personal opinion.

Can there be a default space (extra newline) put between the multiple quotes? I have found with various MQ systems not having that leads to a lot of butchered quote codes as people try to add in responses to each quoted item. Can just be hard to find where one quote ends and the next begins.

Top Bottom