Editor & BB Code Manager

Editor & BB Code Manager 2.0.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Anytime I try to copy lightly formatted html content (text) into the editor when creating a new thread, it removes almost all formats except bold type.

Example:

If I copy /paste the main text including bulletted lists from this link: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/aloe-vera-juice-benefits#side-effects

It will remove the lists, line breaks. How do I fix this? My settings appear correct.

I updated to latest version too, just before. I also have these things enabled like lists, etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-30 Editor options Talk Jesus - Admin control panel.webp
    Screenshot_2019-12-30 Editor options Talk Jesus - Admin control panel.webp
    17.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot_2019-12-30 BB codes Talk Jesus - Admin control panel.webp
    Screenshot_2019-12-30 BB codes Talk Jesus - Admin control panel.webp
    48.3 KB · Views: 19
Is there supposed to be a nicer visual table editor included in this addon? I only see the xtable bbcode added but there are no buttons nor visual editors available.
Wondering if anyone can help me with my question earlier. Seemed to have been overlooked after the dev posted an update...

Glitch with this addon and 2.1.6 Patch 1:

AdminCP >> Content >> BBcodes

Initially I see only this:

no-stock-bbcodes.webp

Stock BBcodes is missing (the category title isn't clickable). Also Fonts is missing.

If I click on something else, like Custom BB codes, then I can see (and optionally edit) the stock BBcodes as well as Fonts:

stock-bbcodes.webp

Hello
How to use function Hide to specific group or user ?
I have an icon in toolbar icon list named "Hide unless in group", but i can"t see this bbcode in list to set specific group.
Thanks

Re,
I met issue with Text color : only first color in box can be applied. Idem for background
Regarding special charcaters, i can select character in modal box but nothing appears after, character is not inserted in message, modal box remains open.

HIDE revealed content doesn't seem to work until the page is refreshed unless there is a reaction.
A reply requires a page refresh but a reaction doesn't.
Is this the expected behavior? Or could it be because of my theme, which is UI.X Pro? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
My users just don't understand it.

Last edited:
Tried installing it on 2.1.6 Patch 1. Got this warning
This add-on cannot be installed/upgraded because the following files are missing: klEMProxy.php.

Any idea :oops:

hey @Lukas W.

this version does have a little bug:
the editor isn't loading on the click in the status-textbox.
So it's not possible to post a status :/

I hope you can help me.

edit
oh, I see it's a problem with lazy-loading.
so disabling this will make it work :D

Attachments

• profile.webp
    profile.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 14
HIDE revealed content doesn't seem to work until the page is refreshed unless there is a reaction.
Is this the expected behavior? Or could it be because of my theme, which is UI.X Pro? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Tested on PC and can confirm this one. (And no, the style being used doesn't matter.)

Anytime I try to copy lightly formatted html content (text) into the editor when creating a new thread, it removes almost all formats except bold type.

Example:

If I copy /paste the main text including bulletted lists from this link: https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/aloe-vera-juice-benefits#side-effects

It will remove the lists, line breaks. How do I fix this? My settings appear correct.

I updated to latest version too, just before. I also have these things enabled like lists, etc.
Not able to reproduce that.

Hello
How to use function Hide to specific group or user ?
I have an icon in toolbar icon list named "Hide unless in group", but i can"t see this bbcode in list to set specific group.
Thanks
The user group id is a parameter for the BB Code.

Regarding special charcaters, i can select character in modal box but nothing appears after, character is not inserted in message, modal box remains open.

hey @Lukas W.

this version does have a little bug:
the editor isn't loading on the click in the status-textbox.
So it's not possible to post a status :/

I hope you can help me.

edit
oh, I see it's a problem with lazy-loading.
so disabling this will make it work :D
Got that fixed for the next update.

Got that somewhat fixed for the next update.

Wondering if anyone can help me with my question earlier. Seemed to have been overlooked after the dev posted an update...
The table bb code and editor are managed by XenForo, with the latter being the one that ships with Froala.

Also can you check if the phrase for special characters button work for you? It doesn't for me. It displays the English title, even though I edited the phrase for the language I use it.
Fixed that for the next update.

Lukas W. updated Editor & BB Code Manager with a new update entry:

1.2.1 Patch Level 1

Changelog

Bugfixes & Changes
  • Fixed an issue that prevented background colors from applying in the editor.
  • Fixed an issue with the "Special Characters" button not being translatable.
  • Fixed an issue with lazyloading the editor on profile posts and profile post comments.
  • Fixed an issue with live refreshing hide BB Codes upon reply.
  • Fixed a potential issue with live refreshing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The user group id is a parameter for the BB Code.

Got that fixed for the next update.

Got that somewhat fixed for the next update.

The table bb code and editor are managed by XenForo, with the latter being the one that ships with Froala.

Fixed that for the next update.

Thanks, but that doesn't really help. I provided screenshots of my settings and I'm running the latest XF version. Others have stated they replicate the same issue I'm having.

Thanks, but that doesn't really help. I provided screenshots of my settings and I'm running the latest XF version. Others have stated they replicate the same issue I'm having.

So what do you expect me to do? Magically fix it? I can't reproduce it, no matter the device, browser and configuration I use. The add-on also doesn't even come near any pasting portion, so there's no code I could check regarding this behavior, unless I'd want to review the entire add-on line by line. If someone can provide steps to reproduce it, or any clue that helps track it to the source, then I can look into it.

Top Bottom