[EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools [Deleted]

Be VERY careful with this add-on. It can change established permissions.

I just recently discovered that installing this opened up a previously private hidden-from-guests staff-only forum to viewing by non-logged-in members or guests.

Addon uninstalled.

Be VERY careful with this add-on. It can change established permissions.

I just recently discovered that installing this opened up a previously private hidden-from-guests staff-only forum to viewing by non-logged-in members or guests.

Addon uninstalled.

I never heard of this happening before, and I have no issues on my dev site. There are no view permissions with this add-on. The only permissions it adds are Reply to own threads, Reply to others threads, and Can use multi-quote when post replies is set to No. These permissions are set to Yes, Yes, No respectfully on install so nothing changes for the user until an admin makes the changes per forum.

The only issue that has been reported was with thread bans, and that has been resolved with the last update, :)

There are no view permissions with this add-on. The only permissions it adds are Reply to own threads, Reply to others threads, and Can use multi-quote when post replies is set to No. These permissions are set to Yes, Yes, No respectfully on install so nothing changes for the user until an admin makes the changes per forum.
That was exactly the problem: this was a reports forum where members could file reports for staff attention but not view responses by staff. This addon, because the permissions it changes are forum-wide, overrode the original setup.

I'm not trying to universally trash this addon at all - just to warn users about a potential (unexpected) issue that emerged when I installed it.

To be honest, though, I'm not 100% clear about what advantages this addon does bestow even without my warning. But that's something for individual end users to decide.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom