[EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools [Deleted]

Good day, Sunka. I decided to update another add-on first as I didn't want to release an update to Admin Tools and then release another update when XF 2.2 beta comes out, as I know Admin Tools will be affected and an update will be required.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and stay safe,
Lawrence

So any chance to have +Quote option visible in posts in thread where user do not have permission to post there?
So user have an option to qoute some post in another thread
Any solution for that?

I have this added to Admin Tools v1.3. Members that can't reply to a thread can now multi-quote posts in the thread. There is a limitation though, the option of highlighting a few words of a post to add to multi-quote won't be available.

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools with a new update entry:

Added features, typo fix, code change

Added Features
  • added permission to use multi-quote when members can not reply to a thread
  • added a new option to forum nodes to limit in days how long a members threads and replies are moderated if both or either of those are checked
  • administrators can now view all members warnings from the adminCP (you can also delete/edit them, and sort by various options)
Changes
  • re-wrote the clone forum...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have this added to Admin Tools v1.3. Members that can't reply to a thread can now multi-quote posts in the thread. There is a limitation though, the option of highlighting a few words of a post to add to multi-quote won't be available.
Still no chance that, user that can not reply to thread CAN +quote post to another thread.
I gave all permissions that I could give, but my users can not see multi quote button (+ quote) in post.
Please see pictures below.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    54.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    70.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 3.webp
    3.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.webp
    4.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 5
Still no chance that, user that can not reply to thread CAN +quote post to another thread.
I gave all permissions that I could give, but my users can not see multi quote button (+ quote) in post.
Please see pictures below.

I been testing this, this morning, and it's not working as I intended it to. The quote button does show up, but no one can reply, not even to their own threads, so something is not quite right here, and your bug may be related to that.

In your TM screen shot, it shows the TM being applied 3 times to the post_macros template, that isn't right, it should only be applied once as it is looking for something pretty explicit and it is used only once in that template (is there another add-on that modifies the post_macros template, with respect to quoting, that you have installed?)

@Sunka thank you for reporting this, as I may not have discovered that the logic was wrong for for checking the post replies permissions and the use quote permission.

See screen shots for the node permissions for the registered group. Note that the post replies permission must be set to No. With those permissions, my regular member test user Freddie (who does not have the manage any thread permission) can post a reply to his own threads in that node, but can only quote in threads that belong to others. See screen shots (these are from v1.3.1 as I made changes to the permissions logic).

Attachments

• post_replies_no_registered.webp
    post_replies_no_registered.webp
    39.2 KB · Views: 3
  • admin_tools_perms_for_registered.webp
    admin_tools_perms_for_registered.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 3
  • quote_only.webp
    quote_only.webp
    31 KB · Views: 3
  • reply_to_own.webp
    reply_to_own.webp
    24.8 KB · Views: 6
Hi @Lawrence,

Good add-on, I purchased this.

One question, the option to clone nodes is only seen from the PC browser or in PC mode, is there a way to see it without putting the mobile browser in PC mode?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi @Lawrence,

Good add-on, I purchased this.

One question, the option to clone nodes is only seen from the PC browser or in PC mode, is there a way to see it without putting the mobile browser in PC mode?

Thanks in advance.
Thank you for purchasing this add-on. With the exception of my IPad I don't own a mobile device (my wife has one, and she been pushing me to get a mobile phone, but really I wouldn't use it enough to warrant purchasing one). I reply on the browser consoles to test on mobile devices, not perfect as in this case, but it does give me an idea of how it looks and what parts are not displayed in portrait mode. Do the moderators link show when not in PC mode?

Thank you for purchasing this add-on. With the exception of my IPad I don't own a mobile device (my wife has one, and she been pushing me to get a mobile phone, but really I wouldn't use it enough to warrant purchasing one). I reply on the browser consoles to test on mobile devices, not perfect as in this case, but it does give me an idea of how it looks and what parts are not displayed in portrait mode. Do the moderators link show when not in PC mode?
Hi @Lawrence,

All is showed on mobile browser whitout PC mode active, less the buttons to clone nodes wich are on nodes list options.

Mobile browser:

Screenshot_20201015_162341.jpg

Mobile browser on PC mode:
Screenshot_20201015_162454.jpg

Thanks for your attention.

I don't think there is much I can do about that, as there isn't that much real estate in portrait mode so some things have to go, in landscape mode there is plenty of space.

I don't think there is much I can do about that, as there isn't that much real estate in portrait mode so some things have to go, in landscape mode there is plenty of space.
Hi @Lawrence,

Thanks for your answer.

I had thought about space, but the icons are shown when cloning groups in portrait and landscape in the mobile browser, but not when cloning nodes.

That's why I wanted to tell you if them could be shown, since when cloning groups those buttons are shown.

Greetings.

Hi @Lawrence,

Thanks for your answer.

I had thought about space, but the icons are shown when cloning groups in portrait and landscape in the mobile browser, but not when cloning nodes.

That's why I wanted to tell you if them could be shown, since when cloning groups those buttons are shown.

Greetings.

Good day @yin9, the clone button shows for user groups because the only action links the user groups list has is the delete icon, so when viewing from mobile there is a lot of space for the clone icon. Unfortunately for the node list, the action links include: permissions, moderators, a drop-down to add siblings or child nodes, and finally the delete icon, so in mobile view, all but permissions and the delete icon are hidden as there just isn't any room. The solution would be if XF changed it so that in mobile portrait view all those action links are placed in a drop-down menu located beside the delete icon.

@Lawrence
with latest update there is a bug. More than a half members (not banned, just classic registered) can not reply to thread (in many different nodes),
Some can post just a private message.

@Lawrence
with latest update there is a bug. More than a half members (not banned, just classic registered) can not reply to thread (in many different nodes),
Some can post just a private message.
Good morning, @Sunka, as the change I had to make to the reply permissions works opposite as it did before. You will need to give your members the permission to reply, and then take away the permissions reply to others, reply to own, depending on your node set-up.

Top Bottom