[EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

[EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools - Added features and conveniences for administrators, and as well two new forum permissions.

This add-on adds a couple of new features and conveniences for administrators, such as: clone user groups, collapsed permission sets (if 'all' is not selected) when analyzing global permissions for a user, added three new options when searching for users, and the ability to search for users waiting confirmation email and the option to re-send the confirmation email.

Requires: XF 2.1+, PHP 7.1+

License:

Purchasing this add-on entitles you to one installation on your live site and...

Read more about this resource...

@Lawrence is that two permissions can be set per forum? I mean, only in one category/forum to allow only members to reply to their own threads (+ staff of forum). So when user create thread in that forum, everybody can read it, but only Staff and creator of that thread can post in it.

AdminCP->Groups & permissions->user group permissions->EAE Admin tools forum permissions

- Two new permissions added: Reply to own thread, and Reply to threads by others. Set the Reply to own thread to no, for a specific forum (e.g. a forum set for complaints) and the member will be able to start a thread, but not reply to it. This permission will be handy for members who seem to always dig a bigger hole for themselves when asking why they were banned from a thread, or have lost other privileges.

Reply to threads by others will be very useful for forums that cater to writers. It is also handy for sponsors, or for members wanting to sell services or items, and members interested in their service can contact them privately by conversation.

Both permissions defaulted to allow for the registered group on installation. I'm sure there are many more uses of these two permissions than what is stated above as examples.

@Lawrence is that two permissions can be set per forum? I mean, only in one category/forum to allow only members to reply to their own threads (+ staff of forum). So when user create thread in that forum, everybody can read it, but only Staff and creator of that thread can post in it.

The two permissions can be set per forum. On installation both permissions is set to allow so that everything works as normal for members. To achieve what you would like, select permissions for that forum and leave Reply to own thread as inherent, and set Reply to threads by others to no.

Suggestion for improvement :

Search user by :-
  • Email address
  • Each custom user field
  • Birthday is before/after
  • IP range

Suggestion for improvement :

Search user by :-
  • Email address
  • Each custom user field
  • Birthday is before/after
  • IP range

Thank-you for the suggestions. I'm currently working on another add-on and when that is finished I'll look at expanding Admin Tools add-on.

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools with a new update entry:

New features added

Cleaned up some code, and updated an option title to be more clear on what the option is for.

Added Features
  • added an option to allow those awaiting email confirmation and those awaiting email confirmation (from edit) access to the contact form if the use contact form permission for unregistered/unconfirmed group is set to no.
  • added an option to forum nodes to allow/not allow signatures per forum. Defaulted to allow signatures on install. The template modification...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Lawrence
This addon is conflict with Guest Posting addon.
When your addon is enabled, guests have classic "you do not have permission to reply", but with your addon disabled, guests can post 1 post like they should.
Any help?

Just one tip, with Guest Posting addon, you can enable creating new thread and reply with posts. With both addon enabled, just posting is disabled, creating new thread works.

Last edited:
Hi, @Sunka . Have you set the two new reply permissions this add-on adds for unregistered/unconfirmed group to yes? These being not set would be the only cause that I can see.

EDIT: I just tested the permissions on my dev site for unconfirmed users. Setting post new thread, post replies to yes and then reply to own thread and reply to others threads (from the admin tools add-on) to yes, will allow guest users to post.

permissions.png

Last edited:
Hi, @Sunka . Have you set the two new reply permissions this add-on adds for unregistered/unconfirmed group to yes? These being not set would be the only cause that I can see.

EDIT: I just tested the permissions on my dev site for unconfirmed users. Setting post new thread, post replies to yes and then reply to own thread and reply to others threads (from the admin tools add-on) to yes, will allow guest users to post.

View attachment 213700
I think I find solution.
Both addons works now. ;)

Guest posting is not possible on my forum, but with addon, guest can post just 1 post and then need to register so that that post be visible

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Admin Tools with a new update entry:

New feature

New Feature:

Admins can now clone nodes, and as well choose to clone the nodes content moderators and permissions. With respect to forums, forum fields, prefixes, and thread prompts are cloned as well.

For pages, page node html (template), is also cloned.

Before selecting to clone a node, you may also make any changes before saving. Note that you must enter a new title for each node you clone, and URL portions are not cloned (you may enter a new one).

Changes:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does this Add-on allow to clone a node including all of its child nodes?

Good day. The clone node feature clones the selected node and it's moderators and permissions (moderators and permissions are optional). It does not clone child nodes.

Stay safe,
Lawrence

The two permissions can be set per forum. On installation both permissions is set to allow so that everything works as normal for members. To achieve what you would like, select permissions for that forum and leave Reply to own thread as inherent, and set Reply to threads by others to no.
So any chance to have +Quote option visible in posts in thread where user do not have permission to post there?
So user have an option to qoute some post in another thread
Any solution for that?

So any chance to have +Quote option visible in posts in thread where user do not have permission to post there?
So user have an option to qoute some post in another thread
Any solution for that?

Good morning. It can be added, but isn't that going to defeat the purpose of the not replying to others permission (albeit the quote will be used in a in a thread they can reply to)?

I'm currently updating the conversation tools add-on, and when that is done I will then be updating this add-on.

Stay safe,
Lawrence

Good morning. It can be added, but isn't that going to defeat the purpose of the not replying to others permission (albeit the quote will be used in a in a thread they can reply to)?
Yep, I have subforum where users can view others threads but reply only in own one. I need solution (+quote) so user can use +quote and quote that post in another thread where he can post

Top Bottom