Dropbox

Dream

So, who uses this? I think it's totally awesome. I have a desktop and a notebook, save my projects on that and can work on them on any computer. Got the 50gb option with backwards backups, which I think it's kinda supernatural but gives me a sense of great security.

I am using 5 out of 10,2 gb, got the max free quota, but once it is over 75% i hope they give more free quota via referral points, or I will probably purchase a yearly plan.

Everybody in my family uses it now, and it's a great way to back things up and share files between friends/family. It's so easy, and cross platform.

Just got the email that the referral cap is changed from 5gb to 10gb. Mine's set to 8gb, no update to 10gb yet. But if they do that, I think I will end up with the 12,25gb - dropbox is pretty awesome.

Never used it.

All my email accounts use IMAP. All my code is in SVN. Not sure I need anything else synced to all my computers ;)

I have projects that can't fit svn, family pictures, screenshots for people, videos, etc ..

I don't just read email and code :p

The only one I really need is for Mac! :D

That is fair enough, I prefer dropbox personally because after uploading it to my dropbox, I can then also access the files on the phone or any other PC... I can also upload from the phone so instead of using twitpic or any other image sharing service I now use my dropbox...

Also it allows public as well as private and shared folders...

I can also upload from the phone so instead of using twitpic or any other image sharing service I now use my dropbox...
Ohh that I could use... I was thinking of a reason to install it on Android... But I'm afraid it will download my 20gbs to my Android.

Ohh that I could use... I was thinking of a reason to install it on Android... But I'm afraid it will download my 20gbs to my Android.

Lol it doesn't auto download to the phone, but it does allow you to download any of the files as and when you choose (download on demand) and upload is straight forward also.

Top Bottom