1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dream, Sep 13, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Active Member

So, who uses this? I think it's totally awesome. I have a desktop and a notebook, save my projects on that and can work on them on any computer. Got the 50gb option with backwards backups, which I think it's kinda supernatural but gives me a sense of great security.
  2. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I love using it. :D I had wished I found it sooner, especially when I needed to show people files easily.
  3. bookmark

bookmark Well-Known Member

blocked in China.haha
  4. Dream

Dream Active Member

How so? Showing files there?
  5. Floris

Floris Guest

I am using 5 out of 10,2 gb, got the max free quota, but once it is over 75% i hope they give more free quota via referral points, or I will probably purchase a yearly plan.

Everybody in my family uses it now, and it's a great way to back things up and share files between friends/family. It's so easy, and cross platform.
  6. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

I use it all the time.
  7. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

never used it, I would be worried about privacy/security.. *paranoid*
  8. Floris

Floris Guest

Just got the email that the referral cap is changed from 5gb to 10gb. Mine's set to 8gb, no update to 10gb yet. But if they do that, I think I will end up with the 12,25gb - dropbox is pretty awesome.
  9. mlx

mlx Well-Known Member

Never used it.

All my email accounts use IMAP. All my code is in SVN. Not sure I need anything else synced to all my computers ;)
    Darkimmortal likes this.
  10. Floris

Floris Guest

I have projects that can't fit svn, family pictures, screenshots for people, videos, etc ..

I don't just read email and code :p
  11. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

I use CloudApp instead. :D
  12. Floris

Floris Guest

Yeah, but dropbox works on linux, windows and mac, and multiple systems, iphone, android, with private and public folders, and share folders.
  13. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

The only one I really need is for Mac! :D
  14. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

That is fair enough, I prefer dropbox personally because after uploading it to my dropbox, I can then also access the files on the phone or any other PC... I can also upload from the phone so instead of using twitpic or any other image sharing service I now use my dropbox...

Also it allows public as well as private and shared folders...
  15. Dream

Dream Active Member

Ohh that I could use... I was thinking of a reason to install it on Android... But I'm afraid it will download my 20gbs to my Android.
  16. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

Lol it doesn't auto download to the phone, but it does allow you to download any of the files as and when you choose (download on demand) and upload is straight forward also.
    Dream likes this.
  17. Steffi

Steffi Active Member

Never used it.
    I've my iDisk and the CloudApp. :)
  18. Cezz

Cezz Well-Known Member

You should give it a go, it is a really nice service, though if you are happy with what you have then why change hey?
  19. Shamil

Shamil Well-Known Member

Floris introduced it to me a while ago :)
  20. Dream

Dream Active Member

Dropbox reached 100.000 followers on Facebook.