Drag and drop files to upload

@Martok
Thanks, I was going to rewrite my questions and your answer, I was answering to disappeared..

Text box in the media gallery?
If I'm creating a album there is no text box to drag to ?

I deleted my post as it was incorrect, I thought you were talking about posts and the text editor until I noticed the section this was in. :oops:

I deleted my post as it was incorrect, I thought you were talking about posts and the text editor until I noticed the section this was in. :oops:
Ah ok, it disappeared at the same time I deleted mine to rewrite it :) I thought I messed up yours too..

It would be great to have this immediate drag and drop functionality everywhere right? Especially in the add-on that is made for uploading images to the forums...

It would be really useful to have drag n drop upload, because members will upload a lot more files to our community.
No more browsing to the file location. Just drag it in there. :)

We just migrated from Photopost and it had drag and drop, now everyone is upset and wants drag and drop back.

Seems to be a very high demand for this, is there any plan for this Xenforo?

Thank you.

I have seen no discussions that would lead anyone to believe that this is planned any time soon. With that said, how is it you determined there is a high demand? I only see 9 likes to the suggestion, which does not point to any sign of high demand. Also you yourself have not even liked the OP. :)

I have seen no discussions that would lead anyone to believe that this is planned any time soon. With that said, how is it you determined there is a high demand? I only see 9 likes to the suggestion, which does not point to any sign of high demand. Also you yourself have not even liked the OP. :)
If I didn't frequent XF, I wouldn't know I had to "like" a post to increase the chance of having it added to the core add-on ;)

From the 50 or so requests and demands from our upset staff and members alike, who have been complaining about the new gallery, and leaving in droves because of it.

This is why people are taught how suggestion threads work on here.
With all due respect, you can't expect someone to come here and understand that by default, without reading hundreds of threads, posting dozens of requests and then finally getting schooled on it. Take a look at my posting history thus far, this is the first time anyone has ever mentioned this to me. I know it sounds like a no brainer in your head, but not always the case for everyone else.

Anyway, I'd like to find out if Xenforo has any plans for this or not. We owe it to our inquiring community to investigate.

Thank you.

From the 50 or so requests and demands from our upset staff and members alike, who have been complaining about the new gallery, and leaving in droves because of it.

Ahhh, it is in high demand in your own forum. Sounds to me with your members leaving in droves, this is something you would be better off hiring a developer to integrate that into the media gallery for you rather than waiting on it to be added into the core.

Ahhh, it is in high demand in your own forum. Sounds to me with your members leaving in droves, this is something you would be better off hiring a developer to integrate that into the media gallery for you rather than waiting on it to be added into the core.
That's why I started this thread; to see if they had zero plans for it, plans for implementing it in two weeks, or not for a year. This will tell me whether of not I need to spend time, energy and money on developing it now.

Well considering this suggestion was started in 2015, and has not need implemented yet is a pretty good sign.
I hear you Ozzy, loud and clear man. Would just like to hear it from the horse's mouth, if you don't mind. :)

I'm not one for running my business on assumptions, especially when I've got hundreds of people angry at me for upgrading the forums and gallery.

Thank you. :)

The developers really don't comment on suggestion threads.

We don't really comment on suggestions. Generally if we don't, that's actually a good thing. We'd usually only comment on them if they're totally not viable and then "close" them.

The developers really don't comment on suggestion threads.
Wish there was a system in place to let us know if our invested time and energy into these suggestions have been read and digested by the team or if they were just skimmed altogether. It's like being left hanging, not a very satisfying experience. :)

Top Bottom